Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)
Recruitment & Assessment Centre (RAC)
Lucknow Road, Timarpur, Delhi – 110054 Recruitment of Scientists through Lateral Induction for Centre for Air Borne Systems (CABS), Bengaluru
Closing date: 21 days from the date of publication in Employment News
IN PURSUIT OF SELF-RELIANCE IN CRITICAL TECHNOLOGIES RELEVANT TO NATIONAL SECURITY, DRDO FORMULATES AND EXECUTES PROGRAMMES OF SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH, DESIGN, DEVELOPMENT, TESTING AND EVALUATION OF VARIOUS SYSTEMS, SUBSYSTEMS, DEVICES AND PRODUCTS REQUIRED FOR DEFENCE OF THE NATION. DRDO EMPLOYS HIGHLY QUALIFIED AND COMPETENT SCIENTISTS AND TECHNOLOGISTS IN GROUP ‘A’ (CLASS I) TECHNICAL SERVICE KNOWN AS DEFENCE RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT SERVICES (DRDS).
RAC INVITES ONLINE RECRUITMENT APPLICATIONS FOR THE FOLLOWING POSTS FOR (CABS, BENGALURU) IN THE DRDS CADRE OF DRDO UNDER DIRECT RECRUITMENT SCHEME THROUGH RAC WEBSITE http://rac.gov.in
Scientist ‘F’ (Basic Pay: Rs. 1,31,100/- with Level 13A as per 7th CPC) – 01 Vacancy
|Item No.||No. of Vacancies||Subject/Discipline||Qualifications & Experience|
|1.||1||Electronics Engg./ Electronics & Communication Engg./ Telecommunication Engg./
Instrumentation Engg./ Electronics & Radio Engg.
(i) At least First Class Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology in Electronics Engg./Electronics & Communication Engg./Telecommunication Engg./ Instrumentation Engg./ Electronics & Radio Engg. from a recognized university or equivalent.
(ii) 13 Years’ practical experience in research or design or development or production including Flight Testing and evaluation of Airborne Mission Systems.
(iii) Weightage for higher qualification to be equated as research experience for lateral recruitment as under:
Post Graduate Degree in Engineering-Two years
Doctorate Degree in Engineering-Four years
(i) Master’s degree in Engineering or Technology in the subject concerned.
(ii) Knowledge of German, French, Russian, Japanese or Chinese.
(iii) Qualified Flight Test Engineer with certificate from a globally recognized institution or from Air Force Test Pilot School
Scientist ‘E’ (Basic Pay: Rs. 1,18,500/- with Level 13 as per 7th CPC) – 01 Vacancy
|Item No.||No. of Vacancies||Subject/Discipline||Qualifications & Experience|
|2.||1||Electronics Engg./ Electronics & Communication Engg./ Telecommunication Engg./ Instrumentation Engg./ Electronics & Radio Engg||Qualification:
(i) At least First Class Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology in Electronics Engg./Electronics & Communication Engg./ Telecommunication Engg./ Instrumentation Engg./ Electronics & Radio Engg. from a recognized university or equivalent.
(ii) 10 Years’ experience in research or design or development or production including Flight Testing and evaluation of Airborne Mission Systems.
(iii) Weightage for higher qualification to be equated as research experience for lateral recruitment as under: – Post Graduate Degree in Engineering – Two years Doctorate Degree in Engineering-Four years
(i) Master’s degree in Engineering or Technology in the subject concerned, (ii) Knowledge of German, French, Russian, Japanese or Chinese, (iii) Qualified Flight Test Engineer with certificate from a globally recognized Institution or from Air Force Test Pilot School.
1. AGE LIMIT (as on closing date of advertisement):
(a) (i) for Scientist ‘F : not exceeding 50 years.
(ii) for Scientist ‘E’ : not exceeding 45 years.
(b) The upper age limit is relaxable upto 5 years for Civilian Central Govt employees as per rules. Age is also relaxable for Ex-Servicemen including Ex SSCOs/ECOs and also for persons with disability as per Govt rules in vogue.
2. The applicants should ensure that they satisfy the eligibility criteria upto the closing date of advertisement. Candidates should be in possession of First Class degree certificate awarded by the University. Candidates should possess the prescribed experience in the relevant field as mentioned under the column “Qualifications & Experience” with documentary proof. The prescribed Essential Qualifications/experience are bare minimum and mere possession of same does not entitle candidate to be called for personal interview. Shortlisting Process: In the event of number of applications being large, RAC will adopt shortlisting criteria to restrict the number of candidates to be called for personal interview in the ratio 1:12 by adopting any one or more of the following methods:
(a) On the basis of educational qualifications and / or experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement duly supported by the documentary evidence.
(b) On the basis of Desirable Qualification (DQ), if more than one DQ is prescribed on any one or all of the DQs.
(c) By holding a Screening Committee Meeting including Technical Experts from Industry & Academia.
The candidates should, therefore, mention all qualifications/ experience/ achievements/ specialisation in relevant fields including those over and above the minimum qualifications.
Note 1: The period of experience rendered by a candidate on part time basis, daily wages, visiting/guest faculty will not be counted while calculating the valid experience for shortlisting the candidates for interview.
Note 2: The required experience will be counted only after the date on which the essential qualifications are acquired. While counting the experience, the suitability of the level of experience possessed will also be considered. Attach all experience certificates indicating length and nature of experience.
Note 3: Weightage of higher qualifications to be equated as experience only when the higher qualification is in the relevant discipline.
Note 4: If any document/certificate furnished is in a language other than English or Hindi, a duly self attested transcript of the same is to be attached.
Note 5: The candidates are advised to submit the online recruitment application well in advance without waiting for the closing date.
Selection Process: The final selection of candidates will be purely on the basis of merit of marks scored by a candidate in the personal interview.
3. HOW TO APPLY
Candidates are required to submit their applications online alongwith legible and lighter file containing scanned copies of certificates for essential and higher educational qualification, experience claimed in the column pertaining to employment history of online application, document Certificate in support of last pay drawn, a recent passport size colour photograph (not exceeding 30 KB; 110 x 140 pixels) and the required fee through RAC website http://rac.gov.in. The maximum file size of each attachment should not exceed 500 KB and it must be legible when a print-out is taken. For that, the applicant may scan the certificate into 200 dpi grey scale. All candidates, whether in Govt. Service or in Govt. owned organisations, should submit their applications online directly to the Recruitment and Assessment Centre (RAC). Such candidates are required to upload a signed declaration (as per the proforma available at RAC website) that they have informed their Cadre Controlling Authority (CCA) in writing that they have applied for the post in DRDO failing which he/ she shall not be allowed to appear in the interview. Candidates are advised to retain with them a copy of the online recruitment application with the Acknowledgement Slip.
4. Application Fee of Rs. 100/- (one hundred) shall be paid online. No fee is payable by SC/ ST/ PH/ Women Candidates.
5. Only Indian nationals need to apply.
6. Fare concession is given by railways to unemployed youth in second class when travelling to attend interviews for jobs in Central Govt. Deptts. To avail free railway tickets, the candidate is required to submit an attested copy of (i) call/interview letter (ii) a copy of application form to railway authorities, if the place is connected by rail. The candidates, who are unemployed, are advised to utilise this facility given by the railways, as no rail fare will be paid by this office.
7. Candidates will have to produce all certificates, in original, for verification at the time of interview.
8. Applications received without scanned copies of certificates for the requisite essential educational qualification, experience and documents / certificate in support of last pay drawn or incomplete applications will be summarily rejected. No correspondence would be entertained in this regard.
9. Candidates desirous of applying for more than one vacancy/post, must apply separately for each vacancy/ post.
10. Selected candidates will have the liability to serve anywhere in India.
11. Number of vacancies are tentative and may vary.
12. CANVASSING IN ANY FORM WILL DISQUALIFY THE CANDIDATE.
13. Our e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please ensure that you have:
(a) Attached a scanned copy of each of the requisite certificates with online recruitment application (ref para 3).
(b) Rightly indicated the item number, subject and the post applied for.
(c) Uploaded recent passport size colour photograph.
(d) Paid requisite fee through online mode, if you belong to UR/OBC Category (except Women candidates).
(e) Attach a requisite caste/ disability certificate, in case you belong to SC/ST/OBC/PH category.
(f) Forwarded release certificate in case you are a retired Armed Forces personnel.
(g) Retained a print out of the online application form and the acknowledgement slip.
• Date for determining the eligibility of all candidates in every respect shall be the prescribed Closing Date for submission of online recruitment application.
• The applicants are advised to fill in all their particulars carefully in the online recruitment application as submission of wrong/incomplete information may lead to rejection through computer based shortlisting.
• Date for the interview on which the shortlisted candidate is required to bring the print-out of his/her online application along with other documents at RAC/plac of interview in original, shall be intimated separately.
• Before submitting the online recruitment application, the candidates are requested to go through carefully the details of posts and contents of the advertisement published as well as on the website http://rac.gov.in.
• Mobile phones are not allowed in the premises of RAC/Interview hall.
Candidates will be shortlisted for personal interview on the basis of the information provided by them in their online applications. They must ensure that information provided by them is true. If at the time of interview or at any subsequent stage, any information given by them or any claim made by them in their online application is found to be false/ incorrect, their candidature will be liable to be rejected and they may also be debarred either permanently or for a specified period from appearing in any future selection activity conducted by RAC.
Please visit RAC website http://rac.gov.in
For all queries related to recruitment by RAC and online submission of application
please contact PRO at Telefax No. 011-23830599
or email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org