F. No. A-12019/01/2012-Admn.V
UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
Dholpur House, Shahjahan Road, New Delhi-110069
Sub: Filling up the post of Library Attendant (General Central Service, Group ‘C’, Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial) in the office of UPSC in the scale of pay of Rs. 5200-20200/- with Grade Pay of Rs.1800/- in PB-1 i.e. Level-01 in the Pay Matrix as per 7th CPC on Deputation/Absorption basis.
It is proposed to fill up three (03) vacancies in the grade of Library Attendant (General Central Service, Group-‘C’, Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial) in the office of UPSC on the scale of pay of Rs. 5200-20200/- with Grade Pay of Rs.1800/- in PB-1 i.e. Level-01 in the Pay Matrix as per 7th CPC on Deputation or Absorption basis.
Deputation or Absorption : Officials under the Central Government:-
(a) holding analogous posts on regular basis in the present cadre or department; and
(b) possessing the educational qualifications and experience as below:
(i) matriculation or equivalent pass from a recognized Board; and
(ii) two year’s experience of working in a Library of the Central Government or of a recognized Institution.
Note 1: Period of deputation including period of deputation to another ex-cadre post held immediately preceding this appointment in the same or other organizations or departments of the Central Government shall not exceed three years. The maximum age limit for appointment by deputation shall be not exceeding fifty six years as on the closing date of receipt of applications.
Note 2 : For the purpose of computing minimum qualifying service for appointment on deputation basis, the service rendered on a regular basis by an officer prior to 1st January, 2006 or the date from which the revised pay structure based on the 6th Central Pay Commission recommendation has been extended, shall be deemed to be service rendered in the corresponding grade pay or pay scale extended based on the recommendation of the Commission except where there has been merger of more than one pre-revised scale of pay into one grade with a common grade pay or pay scale, and where this benefit will extend only for the post for which that grade pay or pay scale is the normal replacement grade without any up gradation.
3. List of duties & responsibilities attached to the post of Library Attendant:-
Normal duties to be performed by the Library Attendant are:-
(i) To arrange the books as per classification number
(ii) Maintenance of stack area
(iii) Issue and return of documents
(iv) To take care of the cleanliness of the stack area
(v) Distribution of newspapers and magazines
(vi) To identify the damaged books for binding purposes
(vii) Distribution of photocopies of newspaper clippings
(viii) Pasting of barcode on the books
(ix) Stamping on the newly purchased books
(x) Any other duties assigned by Senior Officer
4. Regulation of pay and other terms of deputation:-
The pay of the selected candidate will be regulated under the provisions contained in the DoP&T O.M. No. 2/29/91-Estt. (Pay-ll) dated 05/01/1994 as amended time to time.
5. Application (in duplicate) only in the prescribed proforma (Annexure-l) of the eligible candidates whose services can be spared immediately on selection, together with the certificate from the Forwarding Authority (in proforma Annexure-ll) along with the following documents:-
(i) List of Major/Minor penalties imposed, if any, on the official during the last 10 years; (if no penalty has been imposed, a ‘Nil’ certificate should be enclosed).
(ii) Vigilance Clearance Certificate (iii) Integrity Certificate
(iv) Attested photocopies of the ACRs for the last five years (2011-12 to 2015-16), if applicable, OR performance reports for the last five years (2011-12 to 2015-16) ACRs/Performance Reports should be attested by an officer not below the rank of an Under Secretary to the Govt. of India)
The required documents mentioned at the end of Annexure, may be forwarded to Shri Suresh Kumar Nayak, Under Secretary (Admn.), Room No. 216/AB, Union Public Service Commission, Dholpur House, Shahjahan Road, New Delhi-110069 within 60 days of the publication of the Advt. in the Employment News/Rozgar Samachar. Applications not forwarded through proper channel or those received without the requisite certificates and necessary documents will not be entertained.
6. The candidates, who apply for the post will not be allowed to withdraw their candidature subsequently.
Government strives to have a workforce who reflects gender balance and women candidates are encouraged to apply.
(Suresh Kumar Nayak)
Under Secretary (Admn.)
Union Public Service Commission
Tel. No. 011-23381202
Proforma for application for the post of Library Attendant on Deputation or Absorption in the Office of UPSC
1. Name and postal address (in Block Letters) with Telephone no.
2. Date of Birth (in Christian Era)
3. Date of retirement under Central Govt. Rules
4. Educational qualifications
(Enclose a separate sheet, duly authenticated by your signature, if the space below is insufficient)
5. Do you hold analogous post on regular basis.
6. (a) Whether possessed matriculation pass or equivalent qualification from a recognised Board.
(b) Whether possessed two years’ experience of working in a Library of the Central Government or of a recognised Institution.
7. Details of employment, in chronological order (Starting from entry in Central Government Service). Enclose a separate sheet, duly authenticated by your signature, if the space below is insufficient.
|Office/ Organization||Post held with scale of pay||Period of service||Basic Pay and Pay Scale (Pre-revised)||Basic Pay (revised)|
8. Nature of present employment, i.e ad-hoc or temporary or permanent
9. In case the present employment is held on deputation please state:-(a) The date of initial appointment
(b) Period of appointment on deputation
(c) Name of parent Office/Organization to which you belong.
10. Additional details about present employment : Please state whether working under :-(a) Central Government (b) State Government (c) Autonomous Organisations
11 . Are you in revised scale of pay? If yes, give the date from which the revision took place and also indicate the pre-revised scale?
|Date||Pay scale (pre-revised)||Basic Pay (pre-revised)||Date of revision of pay||Revised Scale of Pay, PB & G.P||Revised Basic Pay|
12. Total emoluments per month now drawn.
13. Additional information, if any, which you would like to mention in support of your suitability for the post. (Enclose a separate sheet if the space is insufficient)
14. Full postal address of forwarding authority with name & telephone number.
15. Whether belongs to SC/ST
Signature of the Candidate …………………………..
Full Office Address Tel. No. E-mail ID
(Certificate to be furnished by the Employer/Head of Office/Forwarding Authority)
Certified that the particulars furnished by ____________________ are correct and he/she possesses educational qualifications and experience mentioned in the Advt.
Also certified that-
There is no vigilance or disciplinary case pending/contemplated against
His/ Her integrity is certified.
* No major/minor penalty has been imposed on him/her during the last 10 years*.
A list of major/minor penalties imposed on him/her during the last 10 years is enclosed*.
His/Her CR Dossier in original is enclosed/photocopies of the ACRs for the last 5 years duly attested by an officer of the rank of Under Secretary to the Govt. of India or above, are enclosed.
Name & Designation Telephone No. : Office Seal
List of enclosure:
12 34 56
(*Strike out which is not applicable.)