F. No. A-12025/01/2017-Estt.l Government of India
Ministry of Rural Development
Department of Rural Development
Krishi Bhawan, New Delhi
Subject : Filling up of the post of Assistant Library & Information Officer on deputation including short-term contract basis in the Department of Rural Development, Ministry of Rural Development.
One post of Assistant Library & Information Officer in the pre-revised scale of PB-2 (Pay Band Rs. 9,300-34800) and Grade Pay of Rs. 4600/- and now in Level – 7 (Rs. 44,900-1,42,400) in the Pay Matrix of 7th CPC in the Department of Rural Development, Ministry of Rural Development, New Delhi required to fill up on deputation (including short-term contract basis) from amongst persons working in the Central/State Governments/Union Territories/Universities/Recognized Research Institutions/ Public Sector Undertakings, Semi-Government/Statutory or Autonomous Organizations.
2. The eligibility criteria along with other details of the post are given at Annexure-I. The period of deputation will be initially for a period of three years, which can be further extended as per Govt of India instructions on this subject. The persons selected will be entitled to draw pay in accordance with the DOP&T’s OM No. 6/8/2009-Estt. (Pay-ll) dated 17.06.2010, as amended from time to time.
3. Applications (in duplicate) of the eligible & willing officers, in the prescribed format at Annexure-ll may be forwarded through proper channel, to the Under Secretary (Admn.), Department of Rural Development, Room No. 452, 4th Floor, G-Wing, Krishi Bhawan, New Delhi within 60 days from the date of publication of this Advt. in the Employment News/Rozgar Samachar together with the following : –
a) Vigilance Clearance in respect of the official.
b) Integrity Certificate and statement showing major or minor penalties, if any imposed on the officer.
c) Up-to-date CR dossier of the applicant or clear photocopies of ACRs for last 5 years attested by a Gazetted Officer.
4. Application received after the last date or without the above mentioned documents or otherwise found incomplete will not be entertained and no correspondence will be made or entertained in this regard.
5. The Officers who volunteer for the post will not be permitted to withdraw their names later on. Only such applications, which are accompanied by requisite personal data, as per Annexure-II and are received through proper channel, will be entertained, who apply for the above post will not be allowed to withdraw their applications subsequently.
6. While forwarding the application, it may be verified and certified that the particulars furnished by the official are correct. It may also be confirmed that in the event of selection for appointment, the official concerned will be relieved of his duties.
(R. K. Singh)
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
1. Name of the post : Assistant Library and Information Officer
2. Number of post : 1 (one)
3. Classification : General Central Service, Group ‘B’ (Gazetted) Non Ministerial.
4. Pay Scale in Matrix : Level – 7 ( Rs. 44,900-1,42,400) in the Pay Matrix in 7th CPC ( prerevised scale – PB-2, Rs. 9300-34800 plus Rs. 4600/- Grade Pay).
5. Pay and allowances admissible : The pay of the selected candidates will be governed as per instructions of the Govt. regarding appointment on deputation (including short-term contract).
6. Eligibility conditions including educational qualifications and period of deputation :
Deputation (including short-term contract): Officers under the Central Government/State Governments/Union Territories/Universities/Recognised Research Institutions/Public Sector Undertakings, Semi-Government/Statutory or Autonomous Organisations. (A) (i) Holding analogous posts on regular basis in the parent cadre/Department; or
(ii) With five years’ service in the grade rendered after appointment thereto on regular basis in posts in Pay Band-2; Rs. 9300-34800/- plus Grade Pay of Rs. 4200/- or equivalent in the parent Cadre/Department; and
(B) Possessing the following educational qualifications and experience:
(i) Master’s Degree in Library Science or Information Science or Documentation Science from a recognised University or Institute; and
(ii) Two years’ experience on computerisation of a Library or a Diploma in Computer Applications from a recognised University or Institute.
(Period of deputation (including short-term contract) including period of deputation (including short-term contract) in another ex-cadre post held immediately preceding this appointment in the same or some other organisation/department of the Central Government shall ordinarily not to exceed three years. The maximum age limit for appointment by deputation (including short-term contract) shall not be exceeding 56 years as on the closing date of receipt of applications).
Note: For the purpose of appointment on deputation (including short-term contract) basis, the service rendered on a regular basis by an officer prior to 1.1.2006 (the date from which the revised pay structure based on the 6th CPC recommendations has been extended), shall be deemed to be service rendered in the corresponding grade pay or pay scale extended based on the recommendations of the Pay Commission except where there has been merger of more than one pre-revised scale of pay into one grade with a common grade pay or pay scale, and where this benefit will extend only for the post(s) for which that grade pay or pay scale is the normal replacement grade without any upgradation.
Proforma for application for the post of Assistant Library and Information Officer in the Ministry of Rural Development on deputation (including short-term contract basis)
1. Name (in block letters) and address with mobile/telephone No.: ___________________
2. Date of Birth (in Christian era) : ______________________________________________
3. Date of Retirement : _______________________________________________________
4. Educational Qualification : __________________________________________________
5. Whether educational and other qualifications required for the post are satisfied. (If any qualification has been treated as equivalent to the one prescribed in the rules, state the authority for the same).
|Qualifications/Experience required||Qualifications/Experience possessed by the Officer|
6. Please state clearly whether in the light of entries made by you above, you meet the requirements of the post of Assistant Library & Information Officer ________________
7. Details of Employment, in chronological order. Enclose a separate sheet, duly authenticated by your signature, if the space below is insufficient.
|Office/Institute Organization||Post held||From||To||Scale of pay/pay
band plus grade
pay and basic
|Nature of duties|
8. Nature of present employment, i.e. ad-hoc or temporary or permanent _____________
9. In case the present employment is held on deputation/ contract basis, please state : __
(a) The date of initial appointment ________________________________________
(b) Period of appointment on deputation / contract ___________________________
(c) Name of the parent office/ organization to which you belong ________________
10. Additional details about your present employment. Please state whether working under:-
(a) Central Government _________________________________________________
(b) State Government ___________________________________________________
(c) Autonomous Organization _____________________________________________
(d) Government Undertakings ____________________________________________
(e) Universities ________________________________________________________
(f) Others (Please specify) _______________________________________________
11. Are you in Revised Scale of Pay, If yes, give the date from which the revision took place and also indicate the pre-revised scale/Pay Band / Grade Pay ___________________
12. Total emoluments per month now drawn _____________________________________
13. Additional information, if any, which you would like to mention in support of your suitability for the post. Enclose a separate sheet, if the space is insufficient _________
14. Whether belongs to SC/ST _________________________________________________
15. Remarks ________________________________________________________________
Declaration : I have carefully gone through the vacancy circular/advertisement and I am well aware that the Curriculum Vitae duly supported by documents submitted by me will also be assessed by the Selection Committee at the time of selection for the post.
(Signature of the candidate)
Address with Telephone No.
Date : ______________
Place : ______________
To be certified by the Cadre Controlling Authority/Employer
1. Certified that the particulars furnished by Shri/Smt./Kum. _________________ have been verified from his/her service record and found correct.
2. The Officer is clear from vigilance.
3. (i) The Integrity Certificate and (ii) the statement showing major/minor penalty imposed on the officer during the last 10 years are enclosed.
4. Up-to-date CR dossier of the Officer or clear photocopies of ACRs for last 5 years duly attested by a Group ‘A’ Officer are enclosed.
Signature, Name & Seal of the Employer/
Cadre Controlling Authority
File No. _______________
Date : _________________