Indian Air Force
DIRECT RECRUITMENT OF GROUP ‘C’ CIVILIAN POSTS IN IAF AT HQ MAINTENANCE COMMAND UNITS
1. Applications are invited from eligible Indian citizens for recruitment for the following Group ‘C’ civilian post at Indian Air Force. The applicants are advised to choose the station and apply as desired. The details of the post, eligibility conditions and the locations of the Stations where vacancy has been allotted are follows:-
|SI No.||Postal Address of the Unit||Name of post||Reservation||No. of Post|
|1.||CO, HQ MC (U), Air Force, Vayusena Nagar, Nagpur-440007||Dhobi||01||–||–||–||–||–||01|
|2.||AOC, Air Force Station, Chakeri, Kanpur-208008||Mess Staff||03||–||–||–||–||–||03|
|3.||CO, 1 Base Repair Depot, Air Force, Chakeri, Kanpur-208008||Painter||01||01||–||–||–||–||02|
|4.||AOC, Base Repair Depot, Air Force Station, Chandigarh-160003||Store Keeper||02||01||–||01||–||–||04|
|5.||CO, 4 Base Repair Depot, Air Force, Chakeri, Kanpur-208008||Store Keeper||01||01||–||–||–||–||02|
|6.||AOC, Base Repair Depot, Air Force Station, Sulur, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu-641401||LDC||–||01||–||–||–||–||01|
|7.||AOC, Base Repair Depot, AF Station, Tughlakabad PO: Pushpa Bhawan||Store Keeper||01||01||–||–||–||–||02|
|8.||CO, Base Repair Depot, Air Force Station, Avadi, Chennai-600055||C & SMW||–||–||–||–||–||01||01|
|9.||AOC, Base Repair Depot, Air Force, Chandan Nagar, Opp ‘D’ Mello, Petrol Pump, Nagar Road, Pune||LDC||01||–||–||–||–||–||01|
|10.||AOC, Base Repair Depot, Air Force, Air Force Station Ojhar, Nasik, Pin-422221 (Maharashtra)||Mess Staff||02||–||–||–||–||–||02|
|11.||CO, Air Force Station, Bani Camp, Najafgarh, New Delhi-110043||Cook||02||–||–||–||–||–||02|
|12.||AOC, Base Repair Depot, Air Force, Palam, New Pinto Park, New Delhi-110010||Store Keeper||01||–||–||01||–||–||02|
|13.||CO, Base Repair Depot, Air Force Station, Borjhar, Distt-Kamrup, Guwahati||LDC||–||01||–||–||–||–||01|
|14.||CO, Base Repair Depot, Air Force, Wadsar, Distt-Gandhinagar, Gujarat-382721||LDC||01||–||–||–||–||–||01|
|15.||CO, Base Repair Depot, Air Force Palam, New Delhi-110010||Tailor||–||–||–||01||–||–||01|
|16.||AOC, Equipment Depot, Air Force Station, Avadi, Avadi IAF (Post), Chennai||Fireman||–||–||–||01||–||–||01|
|17.||AOC, Equipment Depot, Air Force Station, Manauri, Distt- Allahabad (UP)-212212||Store Keeper||–||01||–||–||–||–||01|
|18.||AOC, Equipment Depot, Air Force, Air Force Station Devlali (South)-422501 Distt-Nasik (Maharashtra)||LDC||01||01||–||–||–||–||02|
|19.||AOC, Equipment Depot, Air Force, Vimanpura PO, Opp. HAL Helicopter Division, Bangalore-560017||LDC||–||01||–||–||–||–||01|
|20.||CO, Equipment Depot, Air Force, Palam, New Delhi-110010||LDC||–||01||–||–||–||–||01|
|21.||AOC, Equipment Depot, Air Force, Amla Depot (PO), Dist. Betul MP-460553||Store Keeper||01||–||–||–||–||–||01|
|Labourer on Amn Duty||01||–||–||02||–||01||04|
|22.||CO, Upaskar Depot, Air Force Station, Chakeri, Kanpur, Pin-208008||LDC||01||–||–||–||–||–||01|
|23.||CO, Equipment Depot, C/o 408 Air Force Station, Hakimpet, Secunderabad-500014 (AP)||Store Keeper||–||–||–||01||–||–||01|
|24.||CO, Equipment Depot, Air Force, Air Force Station Kheria, PO- Kheria Agra-282008 (UP)||Store Keeper||–||–||–||01||–||–||01|
|25.||AOC, Air Force Hospital, Nathu Singh Road, Cantonment, Kanpur, Pin-208004||Ward Sahayika||01||–||–||–||–||–||01|
|26.||CO, Movement Control Unit, Air Force, Terminal 1B CSI Airport, Mumbai-400099||Carpenter||01||–||–||–||–||–||01|
|27.||CO, Movement Control Unit, Air Force Station Borjhar, Distt- Kamrup (Assam) Pin-781015||MTS||01||–||–||01||–||–||02|
|28.||CO, Air Stores Park, Air Force, Air Force Station, Gurgaon, Haryana-122005||Lower Division Clerk (LDC)||01||01||–||–||–||–||02|
|29.||3 Airmen, Selection Centre Air Force, Chakeri, Kanpur-208008||MTS||01||–||–||–||–||–||01|
|30.||REB (C), AF, Air Force Station, Kanpur-208008||Safaiwala||–||01||–||–||–||–||01|
Note: UR- Unreserved, SC- Scheduled Caste, ST- Scheduled Tribe, OBC- Other Backward Classes, ESM- Ex-Servicemen, PH- Physically Handicapped, VH- Visually Handicapped, HH-Hearing Handicapped & OH- Orthopedically Handicapped.
2. Age Limit: Fireman 18-27 & other Post: 18-25 years.
3. Age Limit Relaxation: (a) 03 years for OBC, 05 years for SC/ST & 10 years for the candidates belonging to Physically Handicapped. (Additional 05 years in case of Physically Handicapped belonging to SC, ST & 03 years for OBC category) (b) Ex-servicemen: Ex-servicemen who have rendered not less than 06 months of continuous service in the Armed Forces shall be allowed to deduct the full period of such service from their actual age and if the resultant age does not exceed the prescribed maximum age by more than three years, they shall be deemed to be within age limits, (c) SC/ST/OBC candidates applying against unreserved post are not entitled to any relaxation in age limit, experience etc. (d) Departmental employees – 40 yrs for UR, 43 yrs for OBC, 45 yrs for SC/ST. (e) The crucial date for determining age limit is the last date of receipt of application.
4. Mode of selection: (a) The eligible candidates will require to appear for written test. The written test will be based on minimum educational qualification. (b) The written test will consists of (i) General Intelligence & Reasoning (ii) Numerical Aptitude (iii) General English) (iv) General Awareness, (c) Tha question cum answer paper will be in English and Hindi. (d) After passing the written test the candidates will be shortlisted for skill/practical/physical test wherever applicable.
5. How to apply: Eligible candidates can apply to any of the above Air Force Station of their choice subject to the vacancies and qualifications. Application as per format given under (typed in English/Hindi), duly supported with the following documents is to reach the concerned Air Force Station as per choice within 30 days from the last date of the publication of this advertisement in ‘Employment News/ Rozgar Samachar’. (a) All documents in support of Education Qualification, Age, Technical Qualification, Physical Handicapped, Experience Certificate & Caste Certificate (issued by the competent civil authorities in case of SC/ST/OBC candidates) etc. to be accompanied with the application should be self attested, (b) In case of appointment of OBC candidates against their reserved quota their caste should be listed under Central List of OBCs as candidate belonging to castes listed under Central list only are eligible for appointment to Central Services. The latest rules with regard to creamy layer in OBCs are to be followed. Candidates seeking reservation as OBC is required to submit along with application a certificate to the effect that he does not belong to any of the creamy layers. (c) In case of ex-serviceman self attested photocopy of discharge book is to be submitted along with the application, (d) Application form duly typed in English/Hindi with recent photograph (passport size) duly self attested. Any other supporting document (setf attested). Self addressed envelope with stamp(s) Rs. 5/- pasted. Address should be typed in English/Hindi. Separate application for each post should be forwarded. Applicants to mention clearly on the envelope “Application for the post of …………… and Category ……………. ”
6. Education Qualification:
|Post||Education Qualification||Pay Band+GP|
|Coppersmith & Sheet Metal Worker (C & SMW)||(i) 10th pass from a recognized Board or Institute. (ii) Industrial Training Institute certificate in the trade of Copper Smith and Sheet Metal Worker from a recognized Institute with one year experience in relevant field. OR Ex-servicemen from appropriate trade viz. Workshop Fitter (C&SMW).||Rs. 5200-20200 GP-Rs.1900|
|Painter||(i) 10th pass from a recognized Board or Institute. (ii) Industrial Training Institute Certificate in the trade of Painter from a recognized Institute. OR Ex-Servicemen from appropriate trade viz. Painter.||Rs. 5200-20200 GP-Rs.1900|
|Carpenter||(i) 10th pass from a recognized Board or Institute. (ii) Industrial Training Institute Certificate in the trade of Carpenter from a recognized institute. OR Ex-Servicemen in appropriate trade viz. Carpenter Rigger.||Rs. 5200-20200 GP-Rs.1900|
|Leather Worker||(i) 10th pass from a recognized Board or Institute. (ii) Industrial Training Institute Certificate in the trade of Leather Goods Maker from a recognized Institute. OR Ex-Servicemen in appropriate trade with two years experience.||Rs. 5200-20200 GP-Rs. 1900|
|Tailor||(i) 10th pass from a recognized Board or Institute. (ii) Industrial Training Institute Certificate in the trade of Tailor from a recognized Institute. OR Ex-Servicemen in appropriate trade.||Rs. 5200-20200 GP-Rs. 1900|
|Lower Division Clerk (LDC)||(i) 12th Class or equivalent qualification from a recognised Board or University. (ii) A typing speed of 35 words per minute in English or 30 words per minute in Hindi on Computer, (35 words per minute & 30 words per minute correspond to 10500 Key Depressions per hour/9000 Key Depression per hour on an average of 5 Key Depressions for each word).
Note: The skill test will be conducted on computer only.
|Rs. 5200-20200 GP-Rs. 1900|
|Store Keeper||Essential: 12th Class or equivalent qualification from a recognised Board or University. Desirable: Experience in handling Stores and keeping Accounts in a store of a concern of repute in Public or Private Sector.||Rs. 5200-20200 GP-Rs. 1900|
|Cook||Essential: (i) Matriculation with six months experience in the trade OR Ex-serviceman with similar qualification.||Rs. 5200-20200 GP-Rs. 1900|
|Dhobi||Essential: Matriculation pass or equivalent qualification from a recognised University or Board. Desirable: One year of experience as Dhobi from an Organisation or Institute||Rs. 5200-20200 GP-Rs. 1800|
|Post||Education Qualification||Pay Band + GP|
|Mess Staff||Essential: Matriculation pass or equivalent qualification from a recognised University or Board. Desirable: One year of experience as Waiter or Washer-up from Organisation or Institute.||Rs. 5200-20200 GP-Rs. 1800|
|Multi Tasking Staff (MTS)||Essential: (i) Matriculation pass or equivalent qualification from a recognised University or Board. Desirable: One year of experience as Watchman or Lascar or Gestetner Operator or Mali from Organisation or institute.||Rs. 5200-20200 GP-Rs. 1800|
|Safaiwala / Safaiwali||Matriculation pass or equivalent qualification from a recognised University or Board.||Rs. 5200-20200 GP-Rs. 1800|
|Ward Sahayika||Essential: Matriculation pass or equivalent qualification||Rs. 5200-20200|
|from a recognised University or Board.
Desirable: One year of experience as Ayah in Hospitals or
Nursing Homes from Organization or Institute.
|Labourer on Ammunition Duties||Matriculation pass or equivalent qualification from a recognised University or Board OR Ex-servicemen of appropriate trade.||Rs. 5200-20200 GP-Rs. 1800|
|Fireman||Essential: (i) Matriculation or equivalent qualification from a recognised Board / University. (ii) Must have undergone training in Fire Fighting under a state fire service or a recognised Institute of repute. (iii) Must be conversant with the use and maintenance of all types of extinguishers, Hose Fittings and Fire appliances and equipment like Fire Engine, Trailer Fire Pumps and Foam Branches, (iv) Must be physically fit and capable of performing strenuous duties and must have passed the test specified in Note -1 below. OR Ex-serviceman of appropriate trade.
Desirable:(i) Should be familiar with maintenance and operation of various types of Fire appliances. (ii) Experience of having worked in a regular civil or defence fire brigade as Fireman Gd-I or Senior Fireman. (iii) Have passed the General Fire Fighting Course of Defence Institute of Fire Research, Ministry of Defence or Sub-Officers Course from National Fire Service College, Nagpur or any other similar recognised course.
Note: – 1. Physical Examination:
(i) Height without shoes:- 165 cms provided that concession of 2.5 cms in height shall be allowed for members of the Scheduled Tribes. (ii) Chest (non-expanded):- 81.5 cms (iii) Chest (upon expansion): 85 cms (iv) Weight: 50 kgs minimum (v) Endurance Test; (a) Carrying a man (fireman lift of 63.5 kgs to a distance of 183 meters within 96 seconds (b) Clearing 2.7 meters wide ditch landing on both feet (long jumps)
(c) Climbing 3 meters vertical rope using hands and feet.
|Rs. 5200-20200 GP-Rs. 1900|
Note-1 :- Nomenclature of some of the posts is subject to change. Number of vacancies is subject to change.
Note-2 :- The pay Scale for the posts are shown as per VI CPC. However, the same stands revised vide VII CPC recommended & will apply accordingly.
7. Benefit for Women Employee : Women employees fulfilling the requirement for applying the above posts are allowed to avail the benefits available to women as mentioned in the Min. of Pers. DOP & T OM No. 13018/4/2009-Estt(L) dated 08 Jul 09.
8. lAF will not be responsible for any kind of postal delay.
9. Pre-scrutiny of the application will be carried out by the respective unit before calling the suitable candidates for the selection process/skill /practical/physical test.
10. The centre for examination/skill/ practical/physical test will be intimated to the candidate in due course. This centre may be different from the place to which the application was sent. This is done purely for administrative convenience.
11. No TA/DA will be paid to attend the selection process/skill/practical/physical test.
12. Selected candidate will be subject to all India service liability or otherwise.
13. Merely fulfilling the basic selection criteria does not automatically entitle a person to be called for test/skill/practical/physical test.
14. Candidates are to bring original certificates viz. SC/ST/OBC/PH/ESM, educational qualification/ technical qualification and experience certificates at the time of the skill/ practical/physical test.
15. The Air Officer Commanding/Station Commander/Commanding Officer of the AF Station has the right to reject any application without assigning any reason. Similarly, HQ MC, IAF has the right to change the number of vacancies/reservation status at any AF Station under this Command at any time before selection.
16. General rules for recruitment are:-
(a) Age Limit 18 to 25 years, as on closing date of receipt of application. No relaxations for SC/ST/OBC for the posts that fall in the general category. The crucial date for determining the age limit shall be the last date for receipt of application. Age relaxation as per existing rules is available to candidates belonging to specific category viz SC/ST/OBC/PH Ex-Servicemen. Only those posts which are reserved for specific category are eligible for age relaxation. (b) It is clarified that candidates belonging to reserved categories selected on their merit shall be treated as general candidates and they will not be adjusted against the quota reserved for their respective categories. It is also clarified that SC/ST/OBC/PH candidates applying for unreserved post are not entitled to any relaxation in age limit. Age relaxation is applicable only for reserved posts as per rules.
FORM OF UNDERTAKING TO BE GIVEN BY CANDIDATES APPLYING FOR CIVIL POSTS UNDER EX-SERVICEMEN CATEGORY
1. I understand that if selected on the basis of the recruitment/examination to which the application relates, my appointment will be subject to my producing documentary evidence to the satisfaction of the appointing authority that I have been duly released/retired/discharged from the Armed Forces and that I am entitled to the benefits admissible to ex-servicemen in terms of the Ex-servicemen (Re-employment in Central Civil Service and Posts), 1979, as amended from time to time.
2. I also understand that I shall not be eligible to be appointed to a vacancy reserved for ex-servicemen in regard to the recruitment covered by this examination, if I have at any time prior to such appointment secured any employment on the civil side (including Public Sector Undertakings, Autonomous bodies/Statutory bodies, National Banks etc) by availing of concession of reservation of vacancies admissible to Ex-servicemen.
Signature of Candidate