Maharashtra Legislature Secretariat
Applications are invited for the post of “Reporter (Junior) (Group-A) (Gazetted)” in Maharashtra Legislature Secretariat.
A) Number of Posts & Reservation :- Total Posts- 6
I) English Reporter (Jun
ior) :- Unreserved- 3 Posts (1 Post reserved for Woman).
II) Hindi Reporter (Junior) :- Unreserved – 3 Posts (1 Post reserved for Woman).
B) Pay Scale :- PB-3 Rs.15600-39100 and Grade Pay Rs. 5400 plus Other Allowances.
C) Educational & Other Qualifications :- Candidate should be a graduate from recognized University and
1) English Reporter (Junior) :- I) For the post of English Reporter (Junior) Candidate should possess Government Commercial Certificate of 120 w.p.m. in English shorthand and 40 w.p.m. in English typewriting.
II) Candidates applying for the post of English Reporter (Junior) will have to appear for a shorthand test at the speed of 150 w.p.m.
2) Hindi Reporter (Junior) :- I) For the post of Hindi Reporter (Junior), Candidate should possess Government Commercial Certificate of 120 w.p.m. in Hindi shorthand and 40 w.p.m. in Hindi typewriting.
II) Candidates applying for the post of Hindi Reporter (Junior) will have to appear for a shorthand test at the speed of 140 w.p.m.
D) Age:- As on 1st August, 2017 minimum age of a candidate should not be less than 18 years and the maximum age of a candidate from Reserved Category should not be more than 43 years and in any other case should not be more than 38 years. For candidates already in Government Service, age will be relaxed up to 48 years.
E) Probation Period :- Two years.
F) Other Information : 1) Candidates appointed are required to complete a course in computer operation as prescribed by Government of Maharashtra and produce a certificate thereof within stipulated period.
2) Number of posts and reservation may vary. All the rights pertaining to the same are reserved by appointing authority.
3) The right to reject any or all applications without giving any reason, at any stage of selection process is reserved.
G) Scheme of Examination :- Shorthand examination will be conducted at the speed of 150 w.p.m. for English Reporter (Junior) and at the speed of 140 w.p.m. for Hindi Reporter (Junior). The duration of shorthand passage will be five minutes. Candidates will be given 2 hours to translate the shorthand passage into longhand.
General Instructions :-
1) Applications in prescribed format should be addressed to The Deputy Secretary, (Establishment), Maharashtra Legislature Secretariat, Vidhan Bhavan, Backbay Reclamation, Mumbai – 400 032 (By registered A.D. or by speed post only). The last date for receipt of applications is Monday, 11th September, 2017. Candidates should clearly specify the name of the post applied for in bold letters on the envelope. Applications received after last date will not be considered.
2) It is necessary to enclose duly attested copies of Certificates regarding Educational Qualifications, Shorthand and Typewriting, Caste & Age proof.
3) Candidates will have to appear for shorthand test at their own cost.
4) Candidates should affix self-attested latest passport size photograph on application.
5) The condition of small family specified in (Small Family Declaration) Rules, 2005 shall be applicable to the Candidates.
6) Candidates who are already in government service are required to submit their applications through proper channel.
7) The format of application is available on the following website of this Secretariat :-www.mls.org.in.
8) National Pension Scheme (NPS) shall be applicable to the selected candidates.
9) Candidates selected under woman reservation from unreserved category will have to produce latest ‘Non-Creamy Layer’ certificate issued by competent authority. Appointment orders shall not be issued unless latest “Non-Creamy Layer” certificate is produced by such candidates.
(Ruturaj J. Kudtarkar)
Maharashtra Legislature Secretariat
Vidhan Bhavan, Mumbai
Place : Mumbai,
Date : 19th August, 2017
21/49/State Government/ Recruitment/Graduate/Other/ Permanent/Other than Delhi