MUNICIPAL CORPORATION, CHANDIGARH
NEW DELUXE BUILDING, SECTOR 17, CHANDIGARH
The recruitment process with reference to the public notice dated 29-12-2012 and subsequent corrigendum dated 14-2-2013 issued in various Newspapers for filling up the 319 posts of Safaikaramcharies is hereby cancelled and fresh applications from the eligible candidates are invited for filling up 532 posts of Safaikaramcharies in the pay scale of Rs. 4900-10680 + Grade Pay Rs. 1650. The selected candidates shall be paid fixed monthly emoluments as per D.C rates during the probation period. The applicants who have already submitted requisite application fee with their application w.r.t. the public notice issued on 29-12-2012 need not to re-submit the application fees, but they have to apply a fresh application on the prescribed performa alongwith proof of payment of requisite fee. The detail of posts and eligibility/criteria for filling upthesaid post of Safaikaramcharies is given as under:
|S.No.||Name of Post||General||SC||OBC||Physically disabled||Ex-Servicemen||Essential qualification|
|1||Safaikaramcharies||207||96||144||OH-06 HH-05 VH-05||69||Middle
1. Agelimit as on 01.01.2017:
i. (Between 18 to 37 years for General Category).
ii. (Between 18 to 40 years for OBC Category).
(The candidates whose OBC Caste listed in Centre list as well as U.T list are considered eligible for the said category).
iii. (Between 18 to 42 years for SC Category).
iv. Upper age limit for disabled persons shall be relaxable by ten years, i.e. 15 years for SCs (between 18 to 52 years) and 13 years for OBCs (between 18 to 50 years) and having disability not less than 40% of the relevant disability for the posts reserved for physically disabled.
v. Age relaxation for Ex-Servicemen will be allowed in accordance to the orders issued by the Government from time to time and they will be allowed to deduct military service from their actual age and such resultant age should not exceed the prescribed age limit by more than three years.
2. The physically disabled persons from amongst the category of OH (i.e. OA- One Arm affected, OL- One leg affected, BL- both legs affected but not arms, OAL- One arm and one leg), VH (low vision) and Hearing Impairment (HH) shall be eligible for applying.
3. Application fee : Non-refundable fee of Rs. 125/- for SC Category and Rs. 250/- for others in form of Demand Draft favouring Commissioner, Municipal Corporation, Chandigarh payable at Chandigarh. Physically disabled category is exempted from the application fee.
1. The mere possession of the prescribed qualification for the above post does not entitle candidates to be selected for the post. All the candidates shall be subjected to a skill test of preparation of broom and sweeping. The cut off timing for selection shall be as under :-
i) Preparation of broom: 35 minutes.
ii) Sweeping: 10minutes.
(a) Only those candidates who complete the preparation of broom in less than or equal to the above timing shall be considered for next test of sweeping. Only one chance of skill test shall be given. The broom should not come apart during sweeping. Only those candidates will be considered for final selection, who qualify both the above mentioned skill test.
(b) In case, the candidates qualify the skill test equal than or less to the number of vacancies, then the selection shall be made as per result of skill test, otherwise selection shall be done by way of draw of lots from amongst the qualified candidates in skill test.
(c) Separate draw of lots shall be conducted for different categories i.e. Gen/SC/OBC/PH/Ex-Servicemen.
(d) Before final selection, the physical verification of documents w.r.t. the application filled by the candidates shall be done.
(e) Final selection shall also be subject to other statutory qualifications like educational qualification, medical fitness, verification of character and antecedents and valid reserved category certificate etc.
2. The candidate has to submit certified copy of birth certificate/ educational certificate issued by the Education Board as age proof.
3. That incomplete applications or received after due date shall not be entertained.
4. Application in the prescribed format alongwith Self addressed envelope with postal stamp worth Rs. 25/- attested copies of certificates (i.e. Proof of Date of Birth, Educational Qualification) and one latest attested passport size photograph accompanied with a bank draft must reach in the office of Medical Officer of Health, 30 Bays Building, Municipal Corporation, Sector 17, Chandigarh-160017 on or before 11.4.2017 upto 5:00 PM. Fee paid in any other mode will not be accepted.
5. The relaxation in age for candidates already in Government service shall be as per latest instructions of the Chandigarh Administration.
6. The aforesaid Public Notice as well as detailed terms & conditions are also available on the web site of Municipal Corporation Chandigarh i.e (www.mcchandigarh.nic.in).
i) Number of posts mentioned above is tentative and may vary
ii) The Commissioner, Municipal Corporation, Chandigarh reserves its right to change any condition/criteria or cancel the recruitment process without assigning any reason.
Commissioner Municipal Corporation, Chandigarh.
1/61/Central Government/Recruitment/Other/35-45/Other/Other than Delhi