Government of India Ministry of Defence (DGQA)
Controllerate of Quality Assurance (Metals)
P.O.- Ichapur – Nawabganj, Dist – North 24 Parganas West Bengal – 743 144
Applications are invited from Indian Nationals for filling up the following vacancies of Controllerate of Quality Assurance (Metals), Ichapur. Applications complete in all respect alongwith requisite details/documents should reach the addressee within 30 days of publication of the advertisement in the ‘Employment News’.
(a) Designation of the post(s) to be filled. : 1. Civilian Motor Driver (Ordinary Grade): CMD (OG), [General Central Service, Group- ‘C’ Non Gazetted, Non-Ministerial]
2. Technician (Semi Skilled) : TECH(SS) [ General Central Service, Group-‘C’, Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial]
(b) Number of post(s) & Category : 1. Civilian Motor Driver (Ordinary Grade) – 01 Post [Unreserved] 2. Technician(Semi Skilled) – 03 posts [Reserved for 01 -UR, 01-OBC & 01-ST].
No. of posts at any time may increase / decrease at the discretion of the authority.-
(c) Scale of Pay & allowances : 1. CMD (OG): PB-1 Rs. 5200 – 20200, Grade pay-Rs. 1900/-(Pre-revised) 2. TECH (SS): PB-1 Rs. 5200 – 20200, Grade Pay-Rs.1800/- (Pre-revised) [Plus allowances as admissible from time to time]
(d) Qualification : 1. For CMD (OG): Essential (i) Matriculation (10th Class Pass) from any recognized Board. (ii) Professional skill in driving. Knowledge of motor mechanics, general smartness and holding of a valid permanent license for driving cars and heavy vehicles, with at least four years experience in driving (experience certificate obtained from the recognized organization is to be enclosed duly self attested).
2. For TECHNICIAN (SS) : Essential (i) Industrial Training Institute Pass Certificate in the specified Trade or its equivalent Defence Services Tradesman Course approved as such by the Central Government or State Governments.
NOTE:- (i) All eligible candidates are to qualify in a departmental Trade Skill Test conducted by the Departmental Committee, for the job of the post for which the candidates are being considered for appointment, (ii) The Trade/Skill test will only be of qualifying nature & it will be based on charter of duties / job requirement of the post. Applicants having with the following Trades may apply:
One post each for (i) Fitter (ii) Turner (iii) ) Machinist .
(e) Age Limit : 1. For CMD (OG): Between 18 to 27 years, as on normal closing date for receipt of application. (No relaxation and other benefits will be awarded to the candidate belonging to SC, ST & OBC category for the post of CMD, if applied against UR category. Age relaxation is applicable to Ex-serviceman person as per existing Govt. orders).
NOTE: (i) Relaxable for the departmental candidates upto the age of 40 yrs in case of general candidates. (ii) Age relaxation for the Govt. servant will be admissible where an employee has rendered not less than three yrs regular service under Govt. (iii) The crucial date for determining the age limit shall be the closing date for receipt of applications from the candidates.
2. For TECHNICIAN (SS): Between 18 to 27 years as on normal closing date for receipt of application. [The upper age limit will be further relaxed up to 5 yrs for ST & 3 yrs for OBC candidates against the reserved vacancies for the respective category.]
[Upper age limit is relaxable for departmental candidates upto the age of 40 Yrs for Gen category & 45 yrs for ST category].
Note – The age relaxation for the Govt. servant will be admissible where an employee has rendered not less than three yrs regular service under central Govt. No age relaxation and other benefit will be awarded to the candidates belonging to SC category for the said post, if applied against UR category. Age relaxation to Ex-serviceman person is applicable as per the existing rule.
NOTE:- The crucial date for determining the age limit shall be the closing date for receipt of applications from the candidates.
(f) Place of work : Controllerate of Quality Assurance (Metals), lchapur-7431 44 (W.B.) However, the post is under All India Service Liability (AISL).
(g) Closing date of receipt of application : 30 days from the date of publication of the Advertisement in the Employment News for candidates from all over India. (As special case 07 days extension will be given to candidates residing in places like Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Ladakh Division of Jammu and Kashmir State, Lahaul and Spiti District and Pangi Sub Division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep.)
Instructions to the candidates applied for the post Technician (Semi Skilled) & CMD (OG)
- Candidates fulfilling the requirement in respect of requisite age, qualification, Trade, Four years Experience for the post of CMD (OG) as on closing date, caste & other requirements of advertisement will only be considered for further stage of recruitment. Incomplete or unsigned applications and applications received without photographs or proper enclosures or received after due date or not fulfilling the requirements will be summarily rejected.
- The applications in proforma given below on A-4 size plain paper duly typed in Hindi / English and supported with self attested copies of the relevant mark sheets and certificates etc. should reach: The Controller, Controllerate of Quality Assurance (Metals), P.O.- Ichapur-Nawabganj, Dist – North 24 Parganas, West Bengal – 743 144 within specified date.
- The selection of candidates will be based on Written Examination, Trade/Skill test, Medical Fitness and other formalities as per Govt. Orders. As per the latest guidelines no interview will be held.
- The syllabus for written test will be based on education qualification as mentioned in the column ‘d’ of the advertisement and knowledge required for the duties and job requirement of the post. Based on the result of written examination, selected candidates will be called for Trade/Skill test.
- Photographs pasted on the application and copies of Certificates enclosed should be self attested by the applicant itself.
- Candidates with higher qualification may apply but no separate criteria will be followed in the selection process based on higher qualification.
- The serving candidates should apply through proper channel and they should submit NOC alongwith a certificate from their Head of Office that No disciplinary/ vigilance case is pending or is being contemplated against him/her nor he/she is under currency of penalty.
- Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification and Candidature of candidates is liable to be summarily rejected.
- Candidates should superscribe the name of the post & Category to which they belong (whether UR or OBC or ST) on the TOP of the envelope.
- The decision of appointing authority regarding mode of selection to the post and eligibility conditions of the applicants shall be final and binding. No correspondence will be entertained in this regard. Mere possession of the prescribed qualification does not entitle the candidate to be called for written test/Skill test.
- The crucial date for determining the age and eligibility shall be normal closing/ last date for receipt of applications.
- Traveling allowance as per the existing rules is only admissible to ST category, but the same is not admissible who are already in Central/State Govt. service.
PROFORMA FOR APPLICATION (TO BE FILLED IN BLOCK LETTERS ONLY)
50/40/Defence/Recruitment/10th/25-35/Permanent/Other than Delhi