punjab national banks
…the name you can BANK upon!
(A Government of India Undertaking)
Head Office : HRM Division, 7, Bhikaiji Cama Place, New Delhi-110607
|Opening Date for downloading the application form and cash voucher||15.04.2017|
|Closing Date for downloading the application form and cash voucher (Including for Candidates from Far-Flung Areas)||01.05.2017|
|Last date for Receipt Of Application with all enclosures at our office (Only by Speed/registered post)||06.05.2017|
The Bank invites applications from Indian Citizens for the post of MANAGER-SECURITY in the officer cadre who fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
|No. of Posts||Posts||Age as on 01.01.2017||Educational Qualifications as on date of advertisement (15.04.2017)||Post Qualification Work Experience & Other stipulations as on date of advertisement (15.04.2017)|
|Min. 21 Years|
Max. 35 Years
|Bachelor’s degree from any|
University recognized by
Govt. of India
|An Officer with 5 years Commissioned Service in Indian Army /Navy /Air Force|
A Gazetted Police/Para Military/Central Police Organization’s officer not below the rank of Assistant Comdt. With minimum of 05 years of service in grade pay (as per VI pay Commission) of Rs.5,400/- and above.
2. PAY SCALE
31705-1145/1-32850-1310/10-45950 besides other allowances like DA, HRAetc. as per BankRules.
The candidates selected will be posted at any place in India as per requirement of the bank however at present the indicative place of vacancies are Agra, Bareilly, Jhansi, Bhopal, Gwalior, Indore, Bilaspur, Raipur, Chandigarh, Hissar, Kurukshetra, Delhi, Bangalore, Vijaywada, Chennai, Emakulum, Kozikode, Jaipur, Sriganganagar, Udaipur, Midnapore, Sambalpur, Burdwan, Lucknow, Allahabad, Varanasi, Amritsar, Bhatinda, Hoshiarpur, Kapurthala, Ludhiana, Bombay, Nagpur, Ahmedabad, Surat, Patna, Bokaro, Darbhanga, Shimla, Hamirpur, Mandi.
4. DETAILS OF RESERVATION
|Cadre/Scale||No. of Posts||SC||ST||OBC||GEN|
|MMG Scale -II||45||7||3||12||23|
• The number of vacancies/reserved vacancies is provisional and may vary according to the actual requirement of the Bank. The reservation also includes the backlog of reserved vacancies. Please note that the reservation in respect of different posts in each scale will be as decided by the bank.
• Candidates belonging to reserved categories for which no vacancy has been announced are free to apply against vacancies announced for Unreserved/General category provided they meet the eligibility criteria laid down for General Category candidates.
Abbreviations used : SC – Scheduled Caste, ST – Scheduled Tribe, OBC – Other Backward Classes, GEN-General Category
5. RELAXATION IN UPPER AGE LIMIT
|(i)||Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe||5 Years|
|(ii)||Other Backward Classes||3 Years|
|(iii)||All persons who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during 01.01.80 to 31.12.89||5 Years|
|(iv)||Children/ Family members of those who died in the 1984 riots||3 Years|
|(v)||Ex-Servicemen||3 years plus period of service in armed forces. The age including all relaxations of age, must not exceed 40 years|
6. SELECTION PROCEDURE:
i) Selection will be made on the basis of interview. Merely satisfying the eligibility norms does not entitle a candidate to be called for selection.
ii) Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.
7. APPLICATION FEE/INTIMATION CHARGES (NON-REFUNDABLE):
i) For candidates belonging to SC/ST Categories, there is no application fee except intimation charge of Rs.50/-.
ii) For all others, the application fee is Rs.300/-.
8. PROCEDURE FOR DEPOSITING FEE:
The application fee has to be paid in cash, at any branch of Punjab National Bank. Before depositing the fee, the candidate must download the Cash voucher, in duplicate, from our website www.pnbindia.in link <Recruitment>. The same be duly filled up and presented at the Branch, along with the application fee/intimation charges on or before 01.05.2017. After payment, the candidate must obtain his copy of the cash voucher from the cashier at the branch and ensure that the transaction ID generated is entered in the cash voucher by the Cashier.
9. PROCEDURE TO APPLY :
• Candidates should log-on to our website www.pnbindia.in link <Recruitment> and download the prescribed application form, fill the same and send it to the bank at the below mentioned address by Speed/Registered post along with a copy of cash deposit voucher and copies of other supporting documents in the envelope super-scribed ‘Application for the post of Manager-Security’. Chief Manager (Recruitment Section), HRM Division, Punjab National Bank, HO: 7, Bhikhaiji Cama Place, New Delhi-110607
• Incomplete applications, applications not supported by cash voucher & supporting documents (i.e. relevant copies of Educational & Experience certificates as mentioned above) or application not in the prescribed format or not signed by the candidate or incomplete in any respect will not be entertained by the Bank. The applications received after the last date shall also not be entertained.
• Candidate should keep photocopy of the completed application and Cash Voucher (in original) as the same are to be produced at the time of interview.
ALL CANDIDATES SHOULD SEND SELF-ATTESTED PHOTOSTATE COPIES OF THEIR EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE CERTIFICATES ALONG WITH THEIR APPLICATION.
CANDIDATES BELONGING TO SC/ST/OBC CATEGORIES ARE ALSO REQUIRED TO SEND ASELF- ATTESTED PHOTOSTAT COPY OF THEIR CASTE CERTIFICATE.
10. GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS
• The Bank reserves the right to cancel/discontinue the recruitment process at any stage and decision of the Bank in respect of all matters pertaining to this recruitment would be final and binding on all candidates. In case of cancellation of recruitment process, the candidates will be refunded application fees deposited by them.
Any notice/communication meant forthe candidates displayed on the bank’s website or sent by Registered/Speed Posts or conveyed to the email id mentioned in the application at the time of registration with the Bank, shall be deemed to be sufficient service of communication upon the candidate, for all purposes.
• Candidate should have a valid email ID, which shall be indicated in the application and kept active during the currency of the recruitment process to receive call letter and other communications, if any.
• The candidates selected will be posted at any place in India as per requirement of the Bank.
• Not more than one application should be submitted by any candidate. Multiple Applications/Registrations will be summarily rejected and the application fee forfeited. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
• Before applying, the candidate should ensure that he/she fulfils the eligibility and other norms mentioned in this advertisement. Applications, once submitted, will not be allowed to be withdrawn and the application fee/ intimation charges once paid, shall be neither refunded nor held in reserve for any other examination. The Bank would be free to reject any application, at any stage of the Recruitment Process, if the candidate is found ineligible forthe post, for which he/she has applied. The decision of the Bank regarding eligibility of the candidates, the stage at which scrutiny of eligibility is to be undertaken, qualifications and other eligibility norms, the documents to be produced etc. and any other matter relating to recruitment will be final and binding on the candidate. No correspondence or personal enquiries shall be entertained by the Bank in this behalf. If any shortcoming(s) is/are detected even after appointment, his/her services are liable to be terminated.
• Mere submission of application against the advertisement and apparently fulfilling the criteria as prescribed in the advertisement would not confer on the candidate any right to be called for interview. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.
• A recent, recognizable colour passport size photograph as prescribed in Application Form, should be firmly pasted on the call letter for interview and duly signed across by the candidate. Candidates are advised not to change their appearance till the recruitment process is complete. Failure to produce the same photograph at the time of the interview may lead to disqualification. A candidate should ensure that the signatures appended by him/her in all the places viz. in his/her call letter, attendance sheet etc. and in all correspondences with the Bank in future should be identical and there should be no variation of any kind.
• Candidates will have to produce original Caste/ Disability/ relevant certificates at the time of interview, failing which his/her candidature will be cancelled. OBC candidates availing reservation will have to produce OBC certificate with Non-creamy layer clause at the time of interview & an undertaking in the prescribed format regarding non creamy layer status as on closing date of registration. The competent authority for issue of Caste/Disability certificate has been defined at point No. 11 below. The certificate issued by only those competent authority authorized to issue Caste/Disability certificate will be acceptable. Candidates belonging to OBC category but coming under creamy layer and/or if their caste does not find place in Central List are not entitled to OBC reservation. They should indicate their category as General in the application form.
• Candidates serving in Govt./ quasi-Govt./ Public Sector Undertakings (including nationalized banks and financial institutions) will be required to produce a “No Objection Certificate” from their employer at the time of interview, in the absence of which, their candidature may not be considered.
• Candidates are advised in their own interest that they should not furnish any particulars that are false, tampered, fabricated or should not suppress any material information while filling up the application form.
• All candidates will have to produce, if called for interview, originals as well as self attested photocopies of their educational/experience certificates as well as caste certificate, certificate of disability in the proforma prescribed by Govt. Of India or any other certificate required, in the prescribed proforma in support of their eligibility, failing which their candidature will be cancelled.
• Unemployed SC/ST Candidates, who are called for interview, will be paid actual to and fro 2nd Class Rail/ Ordinary Bus fare in terms of Govt. guidelines by the shortest route on production of evidence of travel, i.e. Railway Receipt/ Ticket(s) for attending the interview.
• The Bank takes no responsibility for any delay in/non-receipt or loss of any communication.
• Any resulting dispute arising out of and/ or pertaining to the process of recruitment under this advertisement shall be subject to the sole jurisdiction of the Courts situated at NCT of Delhi.
• Appointment of selected candidates is subject to their being declared medically fit as per the requirements of the Bank. Such appointment will also be subject to the Service, Conduct Rules & Policies of the Bank.
• Candidates are advised to note that if selected, they will be required to execute an Indemnity Bond with surety for serving the Bank for a specified period, as below. In case he/she resigns from or leaves/abandons the service and /or neglects in performance of the duty assigned to him/ her leading to termination of his/her service as per rules/ regulations by the Bank before the specified period, he/she will indemnify the bank upto the extent of bond amount, for all losses, costs, charges and expenses. Selected officers shall execute the indemnity bond before joining the Bank.
|Post – Scale||Amount of Bond||Bond Period|
|MMGScale-ll||Rs 2.00 lacs||03 Years|
11. THE COMPETENT AUTHORITY FOR ISSUING THE CERTIFICATE TO SC/ ST/ OBC/PC IS ASUNDER:
• For SC/ST/OBC: District Magistrate/ Additional Dist. Magistrate/ Collector/ Deputy Commissioner/Additional Dy. Commissioner/ Dy. Collector/ First Class Stipendary Magistrate/ Sub-Division Magistrate/ Taluka Magistrate/ Executive Magistrate/ Extra Assistant Commissioner/ Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Presidency Magistrate/ Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tahsildar/ Sub-Divisional Officer of the area where the candidate and/or his/her family normally resides.
• For Persons With Disabilities: Authorized Certifying Authority will be a Medical Board consisting of Chief Medical Officer, Sub-Divisional Medical Officer in the District and an Orthopedic Surgeon/ Ophthalmology Surgeon/ ENT Surgeon as the case may be.