SAIL, a Maharatna Company, and a leading steel-making company in India with a turnover of around Rs.43,337 Crore, is in the process of modernizing and expanding its production units, raw material resources and other facilities to maintain its dominant position in the Indian steel market.
Bhilai Steel Plant (BSP), a flag bearer Plant of SAIL and Eleven – times winner of Prime Minister’s Trophy for best Integrated Steel Plant in the country produces rails, heavy steel plates and structurals. BSP invites online application from young individuals for the following posts:
I) DETAIL OF POSTS:
1. Attendant cum Technician (Trainee) Heavy Vehicle Driver/ Boiler Operation
|Name of Posts||No. of posts||Posts identified suitable for PwD (Persons with Disability)*|
|1||ACT (T) -Heavy Vehicle Driver||10||…|
|2||ACT – Boiler Operatior||l||23||OH (OL), VH (LV)|
|17||06 (03 backlog)||09||01||04||–|
2. Operator cum Technician (Trainee) (Special Recruitment Drive for ST)
|Name of Posts||No. of posts||Posts identified suitable for PwD (Persons with Disability)*|
|1||OCT (T) – Metallurgy||20||…|
|2||OCT(T) – Mechanical||30||OH(OL),HH(PD)|
3. Attendant cum Fire Engine Driver (Trainee) (Only for Male)
|Name of Post||No. of posts||Posts identified suitable for PwD (Persons with Disability)*|
|1||Attendant cum Fire Engine Driver (Trainee)||08||…|
4. Mining Mate (Only for Male)
|Name of Post||No. of posts||Posts identified suitable for PwD (Persons with Disability)*|
*Orthopedically Handicapped (OH) [OL- One Leg Affected], Hearing Handicapped (HH) [PD-Partially Deaf], Visually Handicapped (VH) [LV-Low Vision]; ** Horizontal Reservation for Ex-Serviceman and PwD.
II) Pay Scale and Grade
|Name of Post||Grade||Pay Scale (Rs.)|
|Attendant cum Technician (Trainee) Heavy Vehicle Driver/ Boiler Operation||S-1||Rs. 15830-3%-22150/-|
|Operator cum Technician (Trainee)||S-3||Rs.16800-3%-24110/-|
|Attendant cum Fire Engine Driver (Trainee)||S-1||Rs. 15830-3%-22150/-|
|Mining Mate||S-1||Rs. 15830-3%-22150/-|
III) ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
|Name of post & Grade||Age*||Qualification and Experience*|
|ACT (Trainee) -Heavy Vehicle Driver (S-1)||Minimum 18yrs.& Maximum 28 yrs.||Matriculation with valid Heavy Motor Vehicle (HMV) License having one year experience in operation of any Heavy Vehicle|
|ACT – Boiler Operation (S-1)#||-do-||Matriculation and ITI (Full time) from Govt. recognized institute with either 1 st class or 2nd class certificate of Boiler Attendant Competency|
|OCT (Trainee) (S-3)||-do-||Matriculation and three years full time Diploma in Engineering from a Government recognized institute in Metallurgy / Mechanical discipline with minimum 50% marks (minimum 40% for SC/ST/PWD and Departmental Candidates).|
|Attendant cum Fire Engine Driver (Trainee) (S-1)||-do-||Matriculation with valid Driving License for Heavy Motor Vehicles|
|Mining Mate (S-1)#||-do-||Matriculation with valid MiningMate’s certificate of Competency from DGMS under MMR Act 1961 (for Metalliferous Mines) from the competent authority and with at least one year post qualification experience.|
* Age, Essential qualification and post qualification experience as on closing date of receipt of application.
# shall be recruited directly in S1 grade
The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC candidates with respect to the posts reserved for them. Upperage is relaxable by 10 years for PwD (Persons with Disabilities) candidates, cumulative age relaxation is available for those PwD candidates who belong to SC/ST/OBC category. Ex-servicemen candidates will be granted age relaxation as per Govt. directives. Those domiciled in the state of Jammu & Kashmir from 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989 will be allowed 5 years relaxation in the upperage limit. For departmental
candidates, the upperage limit shall be 45 years for the post of Operator cum Technician (Trainee), irrespective of the category of the candidate.
Reservation for SC/ ST/OBC will be provided as indicated in the details of the posts. Reservation for PwD (Persons with Disability) and ESM (Ex- Serviceman) will be across the trades/ disciplines on Horizontal basis as per prevailing rules. If suitable ESM candidates are not available for filling up of posts reserved for ESM, the same will be filled up by candidates other than ESM. In case of PwD (Persons with Disabilities), candidates can apply against the post identified suitable for them. The posts are reserved for Orthopedically Handicapped [OL-One Leg affected], Hearing Handicapped [PD-Partially deaf] and with minimum 40% disability as given in “Details of the Posts”.
The OBC candidates who belong to “CREAMYLAYER” are not entitled for OBC concession and such candidates have to indicate their category as “General”. The OBC (non-creamy layer) candidates are required to submit requisite certificate in the prescribed format issued in the current financial year. Caste Certificates should be submitted in the format for appointment to posts under Government of India/ Central Government/ Public Sector Undertaking (format available in our website www.sail.co.in at ‘Careers’ link) issued by a Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar.
For claiming the benefit admissible to PwDs under the Act, candidates are required to produce disability certificate (as per format available in our website www.sail.co.in at ‘Careers’ link) issued by the Medical Board duly constituted by the State Govt./Central Govt. as per the provisions of Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act 1995. They have to satisfy the relaxed Physical Standard required for the posts. In case, the candidate fails to produce the certificate in the prescribed format issued by Competent Authority, his/her candidature will not be considered. A copy of the Disability Certificate must be submitted at the time of Trade Test/Skill Test for consideration of their candidature under PwD category.
Category SC/ST/OBC/PwD (OL/PD/LV) once entered in the online application form will not be allowed to be changed and no benefit of other category will be admissible later on.
V) MEDICAL STANDARDS:
Physical Standards for ACT (T) (HVD)/ACT (BO)/ OCT(T)/MINING MATE
|Height||155 cm||143 cm|
|Weight||45 kg||35 kg|
|Chest measurement||75 cm & 79 cm on expansion||70 cm & 73 cm on expansion|
Visual Parameters for ACT (T) (HVD)/ ACT (BO)/ OCT(T)/MINING MATE (Same for Male & Female)
|Distant vision||6/9 Both eyes with or without glasses. After the age of 35 years one step reduction (both eyes one step reduction (both eyes with or without glasses))|
|Near vision||J1 or N6 both eyes. Power of glasses should not exceed ± 2.50|
|Colour vision||Normal (in Ishihara or Lantern test)|
|Binocular vision||Essential. Surgically operated and corrected Squint will be acceptable|
Physical Standards & Visual Parameters for Attendant cum Fire Engine Driver (T)
|Chest measurement||86.5 cm (expanded) & 81 cm unexpanded|
|Eye Vision||6/6 without glasses|
|Colour Vision||Normal (Colour Blindness will be a disqualification|
|Physique||No Physical disability, no knee knock & no flat foot, no rod implantation inside the body.|
Field of vision should be normal and night blindness should not be there. Hearing should be Normal (Relaxable up to 30 db in speech frequency). The height and weight chart based on the body mass index will be followed while considering the anthropometric measurements wherever necessary.
Candidate should be of sound physique, free from any defect. The medical standards indicated above are minimum pre-requisites. However, appointment of selected candidates will be subject to their passing the Company’s Medical Examination as perstandards laid down under SAIL’s Medical & Health Manual.
VI) SELECTION PROCESS:
Eligible candidates will be required to appear for a Written Test, information for which will be provided in the Admit Card. Candidates shortlisted on the basis of their performance in the Written Test will be intimated to appear in Trade Test/Skill Test/Driving test, as the case may be through careers page of SAIL website. Weightage of marks for written test will be 100%. Trade Test/Skill Test will only be of qualifying nature. For the post of Attendant cum Fire Engine Driver-Physical Ability Test (PAT) and Driving Test will also be conducted.
Written Test- Provisionally eligible candidates will be required to appear for objective type Written Test at any of the centres decided by the Management. The minimum qualifying marks in the written test for unreserved posts will be determined based on 50 percentile score. For SC/ST/OBC (Non creamy layer)/ PwD candidates the qualifying marks will be 40 percentile score. The qualifying marks will be calculated separately for each Trade/ Discipline.
Trade Test/Skill Test/Driving Test – From among those who qualify in the Written Test, candidates will be shortlisted for Trade Test/Skill Test (Driving Test for ACT (T) – HVD) in the ratio of 1:3 for each trade/ discipline, category wise in order of merit.
For Attendant-cum-Fire Engine Driver (Trainee) – Candidates who qualify in the written test, will be shortlisted for Physical Ability Test (PAT) and Driving Test in the ratio of 1:3 in order of merit.
The Trade Test/Skill Test/PAT-and-Driving Test may be held at a short notice for which call letters will be uploaded on SAIL website and candidates will be intimated for the same through their email. No other communication will be sent to the candidates forthis purpose.
For final selection, merit list will be prepared in descending order separately for each trade/discipline & category on the basis of total marks obtained in the written test by the candidates who qualify in Trade Test/Skill Test/Driving Test- for ACT (HVD) / Physical Ability Test and Driving Test (PAT-for Attendant cum Fire Engine Driver).
There’s a little bit of SAIL in everybody’s life
VII) TRAINING & PROBATION:
Candidates selected as Attendant cum Technician (Trainee), Operator-cum-Technician (Trainee) & Attendant cum Fire Engine Driver (Trainee) will be placed on training for a minimum period of 2 (two) years which can be extended by another two years as per requirement. On successful completion of training period, they shall be regularized in S-1 and S-3 grade respectively. After successful completion of training, candidates shall be placed under probation for 1 year.
The selected candidates will be paid consolidated pay during the training period as per rates given below: –
|Post||Consolidated Pay (Per month)|
|1st year (Rs.)||2nd year (Rs.)|
|Attendant cum Technician (Trainee) HVD (S-1)||8600/-||10000/-|
|Attendant cum Fire Engine Driver(Trainee) (S-1)||8600/-||10000/-|
|Operator-cum-Technician (Trainee) (S-3)||10700/-||12200/-|
During the period of 2 years training, trainees will also get Medical facility for self, spouse and dependent children. Leave etc. will be as per Rules of the Company.
Candidates selected as Attendant -cum-Technician (Boiler Operation) and Mining Mate shall be placed directly in S-1 grade and thereafter shall undergo probation for 1 year.
VIII) EMOLUMENTS AND OTHER BENEFITS:
The emoluments for the above mentioned posts of non-executive category in the regular grade of S-3/S-1 will include basic pay (in the scales of pay revised for non-executives w.e.f. from 01.01.2012), industrial dearness allowance [AICPI-198, Base 2001=100], reimbursement of local travelling expenses and other facilities such as medical facility for self and family, provident fund, gratuity (as per ceiling prescribed under Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972), LTC, etc. as per rules of the Company. In addition, House Rent Allowance will be paid only where company accommodation is not available.
IX) APPLICATION FEE:
No application fee will be charged from SC/ST/PwD/ESM or Departmental candidates.
|Operator-cum-Technician (Trainee)||General, OBC||Rs.250/-|
|Attendant-cum-Technician (Trainee) Heavy Vehicle Driver / Attendant-cum-Technician (Boiler Operation)||General, OBC||Rs.150/-|
|Attendant cum Fire Engine Driver (Trainee)||General, OBC||Rs.150/-|
|Mining Mate||General, OBC||Rs.150/-|
X) HOW TO APPLY:
Eligible and interested candidates would be required to apply online through SAIL’s website: www.sail.co.in at ‘Careers’ link. No other means/mode of application will be accepted. Before applying the candidates should ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility norms. Their registration will be provisional as their eligibility will be verified only at the time of Trade Test/Skill Test. Mere issue of admit card for Written Test will not imply acceptance of candidature. Candidature of a registered candidate is liable to be rejected at any stage of recruitment process or even on joining, if any information provided by the candidate is found to be false or not in conformity with the eligibility criteria at any stage or if candidate fails to produce valid documentary proof in support of his/her eligibility. BSP reserves the right to reject the applications and no communication in this regard will be made with the applicant.
Before registering their applications on the website, the candidates should possess the following:
a) Valide-mail ID.which shoul dremain valid for atleast one year.
b) Towards application fee:
i) In case of payment through Pay-in-Slip (SBI Challan)-Candidates should possess Pay-in-Slip (SBI Challan) of requisite amount for the post. The Pay-in-Slip (SBI Challan) is to be downloaded from the website afterfilling in the required details.
ii) In case of payment through Net banking/Credit Card/Debit Card-Candidates should possess e-receipt generated after successful transaction during payment of fees.
c) Candidates should have latest passport size photograph (.jpg only of less than 50kb size)as well as photograph of signature (.jpg only of less than 20 kb size)in digital form for uploading with the application form.
d) Candidates are advised to read carefully instructions for online submission of application. The same will be available in the website itself.
e) While filling online application, candidates must carefully follow all the steps. Incomplete application/ application without fee/ application not fulfilling any eligibility criteria will be rejected summarily. No communication will be entertained from the applicants in this regard.
The submission of online application/ registration process involves following three steps:-
Step 1: Filling up of candidate’s detail
• Goto SAILcareers page at www.sail.co.in
• Read the advertisement carefully to be sure aboutyoureligibility
• Click on the link Apply
• Fill up all the required fields
• Ensure the information provided is correct and then submit
Step 2: Making Payment (Not required for SC/ST/PwD/ESM/Departmental candidate)
Option I-Payment through Pay-in-Slip (SBI Challan).
• Generate the Pay-in-Slip (SBI Challan) in triplicate from the portal itself. Only this should be used for depositing the fee for proper crediting of amount in the allocated account.
• Go to the nearest branch of State bank of India bank with Pay-in-Slip and deposit the required amount in Bank. State Bank of India has been authorized to collect the application and processing fee, in a specially opened account No. 32549519300 at Sector-1 Branch, Bhilai, on behalf of BSP, SAIL.
• On receipt of the money, the concerned branch of SBI will issue a unique Journal Number and a Branch Code of the branch collecting the money. It will be written in the Pay-in-Slip by collecting branch of SBI. SBI will retain one copy of Pay-in-Slip (Bank’s copy) and return two copies (BSP’s copy and candidate’s copy) of the same to the candidate.
• Feed this unique journal number and date of payment written on the Pay-in-Slip in SAIL’s website before closing date of website after logging in to generate provisional Registration Slip.
• Candidate will have to bear the bank charges in addition to the applicable application fee.
Option II: Payment through Net banking/Credit Card/Debit Card.
• For this option no fees payment challan will be generated. The payment can be made through Net banking/Credit Card/Debit Card using the payment gateway made available. Transaction charges for online payment, if any, will be borne by the candidates.
• After ensuring the correctness of the particulars of the application form, candidates are required to pay fees through the payment gateway integrated with the application, following the instructions available on the screen. No change/edit will be allowed thereafter.
Failed transaction amount will automatically be refunded to same A/c from which payment was originally made.
Step 3: Final Registration and Printing of Provisional registration Slip
1. For payment through Pay-in-Slip (SBI Challan) – Afterapplying online, the candidate is required to download
the system generated Registration Slip with unique Registration number and other essential details. Candidate must retain a copy of Registration Slip and BSP’s copy of Pay-in-slip (in case fee has been paid) as they will be asked to produce the same during selection process.
2. For payment through Net banking/Credit Card/Debit Card – On successful completion of the transaction, e-receipt will be generated; which should be printed for record and submitted as & when required in the subsequent stages.
• In case a candidate deposits the fee in a wrong account, or doesn’t finally submits application form with payment details, application will be rejected as incomplete and SAIL, BSP will not be responsible.
• No request for editing payment details and issue of Admit card will be entertained in wrong submission cases
and candidature will stand rejected.
• If the online transaction is not completed successfully, candidate will have to register again and make online payment.
• Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances. Candidate are therefore requested to verify their eligibility before paying the application fee and to fill in the payment details carefully.
All correspondence with candidates shall be done through e-mail only. All information regarding examination schedule/admit card/Trade Test/Skill Test letters etc. shall be provided through email/uploading on SAIL website. Responsibility of receiving, downloading and printing of admit card/Trade Test/Skill Test call letter/ any other information shall be of the candidate. SAIL, BSP will not be responsible for any loss of email sent, due to invalid/wrong email ID provided by the candidate or for delay/non-receipt of information if a candidate fails to access his/her email/website in time.
Candidates are not required to send any document to BSP at this stage. The candidates will be allowed to appear in the Written Test only if they possess the valid Photo Admit Card which will be available for downloading from the SAILwebsite as per schedule indicated below.
The candidates applying for the post should ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility conditions as per advertisement. Their admission at all the stages of examination will be purely provisional, subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. If on verification at any stage of the selection process, it is found that they do notfulfill any of the eligibility conditions, their candidature for the post will be cancelled forthwith.
XII) GENERAL CONDITIONS:
1. Candidate must be an Indian national possessing requisite qualification from an Institute recognised by State Govt./Central Govt.
2. Candidates not fulfilling the required criteria need not apply. All certificates of eligibility will be verified at the time of Trade Test/Skill Test only and any candidate failing to produce the same will not be allowed in the same. Therefore, candidates must ensure theireligibility before submission of application.
3. Biometric registration and subsequent verification of candidates will be carried out during the selection process and at the time of joining.
4. Candidate possessing the requisite qualification through Distance mode/ Correspondence/ off Campus are not eligible to apply.
5. For calculation of percentage of marks acquired by the candidate in Diploma in Engineering, percentage/ marks considered by the Board/University/Institution for award of Diploma will be taken. In absence of the same, marks acquired and the total marks of all semesters/years will be considered.
6. Candidates applying for more than one post should register separately with separate application/ processing fee.
7. The term departmental candidates means those candidates who are currently working with SAIL as permanent employees and not wards of SAIL employees.
8. No traveling expense would be payable to candidates called for written test and pre-employment medical examination. Travelling expense to the extent of sleeper class rail fare for the shortest route will be reimbursed only to SC/ST/PwD candidates on production of proof of journey performed by the candidates appearing for Trade Test/Skill Test.
9. Bringing influence at any stage of the selection process will disqualify the candidate.
10. The prescribed qualification/ experience are the minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle a candidate for Written Test/Trade Test/Skill Test, SAIL, BSP’s decision shall be final in this regard.
11. Ex Serviceman candidate is required to produce civil equivalence certificate of his/her qualification from the competent authority at the time of Trade Test/Skill Test.
12. Selected candidates shall also be required to serve in any of the mines owned by Bhilai Steel Plant.
13. The advertisement is available at SAIL website www.sail.co.in (at ‘Careers’ link). Any subsequent changes if made in the employment notice shall be communicated through the website. Candidates are advised to keep themselves updated of the changes if any.
14. The vacancies shown are provisional and liable to be increased or decreased or may be reduced to nil; in which case Bhilai Steel Plant is not liable to compensate the applicant for the consequential damages.
15. While applying, Candidate must write his/her name as it appears in the educational certificate of Matriculation or equivalent examination.
16. Candidates sponsored by local employment exchange will have to apply in the prescribed format in the prescribed system failing which they will not be considered.
17. Candidates employed in Govt. Departments/PSUs/Autonomous Bodies will have to produce No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the present employer at the time of Trade Test/Skill Test.
18. If the SC/ST/OBC/PwD certificate or any other certificate/ documents has been issued in a language other than English/ Hindi, the candidates will be required to submit a self-certified translated copy of the same either in English or Hindi.
19. No request for change of examination centre will be entertained. However, BSP reserves the right to cancel or add any centre depending on the response in that area/centre.
20. Laptop, mobile, wrist watch, calculator, scale and other electronic gadgets will not be allowed within the premises of examination centre.
21. Candidates must retain BSP’s copy of Pay-in-Slip (SBI Challan) and Registration Slip or e-receipt (as the case may be) as they will be asked to produce it for future reference.
22. BSP reserves the right to cancel/restrict/enlarge/modify/alter the requirements advertised, if need so arises, without issuing any further notice or assigning any reason thereto.
23. Submission of online application itself will mean that applicant has read, understood and agreed to all the terms enlisted in the advertisement and also aware of it. Therefore, candidate must be sure that he/she understands the terms before submission of application.
24. Court of jurisdiction for any dispute will be at Durg.
XIII) IMPORTANT DATES:
|1||Starting date of receipt of online application||:||17/02/2017|
|2||Closing date of receipt of online application||:||16/03/2017|
|3||Last date of feeding of payment details||:||16/03/2017|
|4||Availability of Payment Reconciliation Status with edit option||:||Will be available in website|
|5||Closing of payment editing option||:|
|6||Date of availability of written test Admit Card on website||:|
|7||Tentative Date of Written Test||:||Will be confirmed in Admit Card|
Advt. No. BSP-284(Rectt.)/16-17, Dt. 16/02/2017
Registered Office: Ispat Bhawan, Lodi Road, New Delhi 110 003
Corporate Identity Number : L27109DL1973GOI006454 website : www.sail.co.in
There’s a little bit of SAIL in everybody’s life
50/22/Public Under Taken/Recruitment/10th/25-35/Permanent/Other than Delhi