NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY MEGHALAYA
Bijni Complex, Laitumkhrah, Shillong-793003
Ph-0364-2501 21 5/2501 294 Rax: 0364-2501113 Website: www.nitm.ac.in
ADVERTISEMENT FOR FACULTY POSITIONS
(Advt. No.: NITMGH/REC/F/2017-18/724 dated 29.06.2017)
National institute of Technology Meghalaya invites applications in Prescribed Format from Indian Nationals possessing consistently good academic record and requisite qualifications and experience for positions of Assistant Professors, Associate Professors and Professors for appointment on permanent/ contract/ deputation basis, as per the 4-tier flexible faculty structure. Interested candidates may fill-in on-line application by 31st August, 2017 and send the hard copy to reach the “Registrar(i/c), NIT Meghalaya, Bijni Complex, Laitumkhrah, Shillong-793003” on or before 15th September, 2017.
|SI. No.||Name of Post||Essential Qualification||Relevant Experience||Cumulative Essential Credits Points|
|1||Professor (CE, CS, EC, EE, ME, PH, CY, MA) PB-4 AGP: 10,500/-Min Pay in the Pay Band: 48,000/-||Ph. D. with 1stClass at UG&PG levels with consistently good academic record||Ten years after Ph.D. or thirteen years total working experience, out of which seven years should be after Ph.D. At least three years at the level of Associate Professor with AGP of ₹ 9,500/- or four years at the level of Associate Professor with AGP ₹ 9,000/- or combination of ₹ 9,000/- and ₹ 9,500/-, or equivalent in an Institution of repute/ R&D lab or relevant industry||80|
|2.||Associate Professor (CE, CS, EC, EE, ME, PH, CY, MA) PB-4 AGP: 9,500/-Min Pay in the Pay Band: 42,800/-Asst. Professor (CE, CS, EC, EE, ME, PH, CY, MA, HS) PB-3 AGP: 8,000/- Min Pay in the Pay Band: 30,000/-||Six years after Ph.D. of which at least three years at the level of Assistant Professor with AGP ₹ 8,000/- OR Nine years total working experience, of which three years should be after Ph.D., with at least three years at the level of Assistant Professor with AGP ₹ 8,000/- Three years after Ph.D. or six years total teaching and research experience in reputed academic Institute/ R&D Labs/ relevant industry.||50 20|
|4.||Asst. Professor (On contract) (CE, CS, EC, EE, ME, PH, CY, MA, HS) PB-3 AGP: 7,000/-||One year post Ph.D. experience of Teaching and Research in Institution of repute / Industry.||10|
|5.||Asst. Professor (On contract) (CE, CS, EC, EE, ME, PH, CY, MA, HS) PB-3 AGP: 6,000/-||NIL||NIL|
|Civil Engineering (CE)||Transportation, Environmental, Structural, Geo-Tech|
|Computer Sc. And Engineering (CS)||All|
|Electronics & Comm. Engineering (EC)||All|
|Electrical Engineering (EE)||All|
|Mechanical Engineering (ME)||Fluids and Thermal, Design and Manufacturing|
|Physics (PH)||Applied Optics, Condensed Matter Physics|
|Chemistry (CY)||Theoretical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry (Nano Materials)|
|Mathematics (MA)||Pure Mathematics|
|Humanities and Social Sciences (HS)||English Literature|
1. The number of posts may vary depending on vacancies available and new sanctions received from the Ministry.
2. Reservation for candidates from different categories shall be as per Govt, of India norms.
3. Relaxation of age for candidates under the Reserved Categories shall be as per Govt, of India norms.
4. The Institute reserves the right to fill in or otherwise, any or all the advertised posts.
5. Candidates who have submitted their thesis or at the final stage of submission of thesis may also be considered for SI. No. 5. Such candidates, if selected, shall be offered position on consolidated pay.
6. Online form and details are available on the Institute website: www.nitm.ac.in
7. LAST DATE FOR SUBMITTING APPLICATION FORMS ONLINE: 31st August, 2017
8. LAST DATE FOR RECEIVING HARD COPY OF APPLICATION FORMS ALONG WITH PRINT OUT OF PAYMENT RECEIPT: 15th September, 2017
Sd/-, Registrar (i/c)