Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL), a Maharatna Company, and a leading steel-making company in India with a turnover of around Rs. 43,337 crores (FY 2015-16) is in the process of modernizing and expanding its production units, raw material resources and other facilities to maintain its dominant position in the Indian steel market. Bhilai Steel Plant is a flag bearer Plant of SAIL and Eleven – times winner of Prime Minister’s Trophy for best Integrated Steel Plant in the country. Bhilai Steel Plant is India’s major producer of rails, heavy steel plates and structurals.
The Jawahar Lal Nehru Hospital & Research Centre (JLNHRC), Bhilai Steel Plant (BSP) is run by SAIL. The 860 bedded JLN Hospital & Research Centre is a prestigious Medical Institution situated in the heart of Chhattisgarh. It not only provides comprehensive health care to approximately 24,724 employees of Bhilai Steel Plant and their dependents, but also to the whole region. It is a prime referral centre to the neighbouring areas within a radius of 400-450 km offering tertiary-level patient care. The institution has all basic specialities and is well-supported by super-speciality services like Neurology, Neuro-Surgery, Gastro-Enterology, Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery and Investigative Services with latest equipment. The institution is reputed for its State-of-the-art 22 bedded ICU/ICCU complex, 22 bedded Burns Unit, 36 bedded Radiation & Medical Oncology unit, National Model OHS Centre, Hospital at Mines, various Health Centres etc. The institution is recognized for DNB Post Graduate training by National Board of Examinations, New Delhi, in 12 disciplines.
BSP invites applications from energetic Medical Professionals for the post of Consultant/Specialist/Sr. Medical Officer/Medical Officer/Jr. Staff Nurse (Trainee).
I. Details of the posts: –
|SI.||Name of Posts||No. of Posts||Reservation||Pay Scale (₹) & Grade|
|1||Consultant (Neuro Surgery)||1||1||–||–||–||–||E4 (36600-3%-62000)|
|2||Specialist (Psychiatry)||1||4||–||–||1||–||E3 (32900-3%-58000)|
|3||Specialist (Surgery)||2||E3 (32900-3%-58000)|
|4||Sr. Medical Officer (Medicine)||2||E2 (24900-3%-50500)|
|5||Medical Officer||4||3||–||–||1||–||E1 (20600-3%-46500)|
|6||Jr. Staff Nurse (Trainee)||11||07||1||3||–||–||S3 (16800-3%-24110)|
Posts at sl.no 4,5 & 6 have been identified suitable for Orthopedically Handicapped [OL-One Leg Affected] PwD candidates with minimum 40% disability.
In case of post at sl.no.6 both male and female can apply. Further one post of Jr. Staff Nurse (Trainee) is reserved for Ex-serviceman on Horizontal/ Interlocking basis
II. Eligibility Criteria (Age, Essential, Qualification & Experience)
|SI.||Name of Posts||Essentials Qualification & Experience*||Age*|
|1||Consultant (Neuro Surgery)||MBBS with MS and M Ch./DNB super speciality (Neuro Surgery)||Maximum 40 years|
|2||Specialist (Psychiatry)||MBBS with PG Degree /DNB in Psychiatry discipline with post qualification experience of minimum three years||Maximum 37 years|
|3||Specialist (Surgery)||MBBS with MS/DNB in General Surgery from a university / institute recognized by MCI with post qualification experience of at least three years||Maximum 37 years|
|MBBS with MD/DNB in General Medicine from a university /institute recognized by MCI with post qualification experience of at least one year||Maximum 34 years|
|5||Medical Officer||MBBS from a university / institute recognized by MCI with post qualification experience of at least one year||Maximum 30 years|
|6||Jr. Staff Nurse (Trainee)||B.Sc. (Nursing) from an Institution recognized by Nursing Council of India OR 10+2/lntermediate in Science with Diploma of minimum three years duration in General Nursing and Midwifery from a Govt. recognised Institution with valid registration in Nursing Council of India/State with minimum one year post qualification clinical experience in hospital. 50% marks for General/OBC and 40% marks for SC/ST/PWD.||Minimum 18 years|
& Maximum 28 years
* Age, Essential Qualification and Post Qualification Experience as on closing date of receipt of application
The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC candidates with respect to posts reserved for them. Upper age is relaxable by 10 years for PwD (Persons with Disabilities) candidates, cumulative age relaxation is available for those PwD candidates who belong to SC/ST/OBC category. Ex-servicemen candidates will be granted age relaxation as per Govt, directives. Those domiciled in the state of Jammu & Kashmir from 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989 will be allowed 5 years relaxation in upper age limit.
Reservation for SC/ ST/OBC will be provided as indicated in the “Details of the Posts”.
Reservation for PwD/ESM (Ex- Serviceman) will be on Horizontal basis as per prevailing rules. If suitable ESM candidates are not available forfilling up of posts reserved for ESM, the same will be filled up by candidates otherthan ESM.
The OBC candidates who belong to “CREAMY LAYER” are not entitled for OBC concession and such candidates have to indicate their category as “General”. The OBC (non-creamy layer) candidates are required to submit requisite certificate in the prescribed format issued in the current financial year-
Caste Certificates should be submitted in the format for appointment to posts under Government of India/ Central Government/ Public Sector Undertaking (format available in our website www.sail.co.in) issued by a Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar.
For claiming the benefit admissible to PwDs under the Act, candidates are required to produce disability certificate (as per format available in our website www.sail.co.in) issued by the Medical Board duly constituted by the State Govt./Central Govt. as per the provisions of Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act 1995. They have to satisfy the relaxed Physical Standard required for the posts. In case, the candidate fails to produce the certificate in the prescribed format issued by Competent Authority, his/her candidature will not be considered. A copy of the Disability Certificate must be submitted at the time of interview/skill test/trade test for consideration of their name under PwD category.
IV) Medical Standards:
Post: Consultant/Specialist/Sr. Medical Officer/Medical Officer
a) Physical Standards:
|Height||150 cm||143 cm|
|Weight||45 kg||35 kg|
|Chest measurement||72 cm & 75 cm on expansion||75 cm & 79 cm on expansion|
b) Visual Parameters: Same for Male & Female
|Distant vision||One eyed persons with 6/6 in healthy eye should be considered fit|
|Near vision||J1 both eyes with or without glass. Power of glass will not exceed ± 8D|
|Colour vision||Not Essential|
Post: Jr. Staff Nurse (Trainee)
a) Physical Standards
|Height||150 cm||143 cm|
|Weight||40 kg||35 kg|
|Chest measurement||75 cm & 79 cm on expansion||70 cm & 73 cm on expansion|
b) Visual Parameters: Same for Male & Female
|Distant vision||6/18 with or without glasses both eyes.|
|Near vision||J2 power of glasses should not exceed ± 4.0 D|
|Colour vision||Not essential|
Field of vision should be normal and night blindness should not be there. Hearing should be Normal (Relaxable up to 30 db in speech frequency). The height and weight chart based on the body mass index will be followed while considering the anthropometric measurements wherever necessary.
Candidate should be of sound physique, free from any defect. The medical standards indicated above are minimum pre-requisites. However, appointment of selected candidates will be subject to their passing the Company’s Medical Examination as per standards laid down under SAIL’s Medical & Health Manual.
V) Selection Process:
For the post of Consultant/ Specialist/ Sr. Medical Officer, eligible candidates will be required to appear in interview, based on which final selection will be done.
For the post of Medical Officer, eligible candidates will appear in Written Test. Candidates who qualify in the Written Test will be shortlisted for Interview in the ratio of 1:3 in order of merit. For final selection, merit list will be drawn by combining the score of written test and interview.
For the post of Jr. Staff Nurse (Trainee), eligible candidates will appear in Written Test.
Candidates who qualify in the Written Test will be shortlisted for Trade Test/Skill Test in the ratio of 1:3 in order of merit. Weightage of marks for written test will be 100%. Skill Test/Trade Test will only be of qualifying nature. For final selection, merit list will be prepared in descending order separately for each category on the basis of total marks obtained in the written test by the candidates who qualify in skill /Trade Test.
Information regarding Written Test, interview, Trade Test/Skill Test will be provided in the Admit Card and through ourwebsite www.sail.co.in.
VI) Training and Probation:
Candidates selected as Consultant/ Specialist/ Sr. Medical Officer/ Medical Officer shall be placed under probation for a period of one year before their confirmation.
Candidates selected as Jr. Staff Nurse (trainee) will be placed on training for a minimum period of 2 (two) years which can be extended by another two years as per requirement. On successful completion of training period, candidates will be regularised in the regular grade/ pay scale of ₹ 16800-3%-24110/- (S3) and shall be placed under probation for one year. The selected candidates will be paid consolidated pay during training period as per rates given below:-
|Post||Consolidated Pay (Per Month)|
|1st year (₹)||2nd year (₹)|
|Jr. Staff Nurse (Trainee)||10700||12200|
During the period of two years training, trainees will also get medical facility for self, spouse and dependent children. Leave etc. will be as per the rules of the Company.
There’s a little bit of SAIL in everybody’s life
VII) Emoluments and other benefits:
|Consultant / Specialist / Sr. Medical Officer/Medical Officer||Jr. Staff Nurse (Trainee)|
|Emoluments include basic pay, industrial dearness allowance, non-practising allowance, perquisites and other facilities such as medical facilities for self and family, provident fund, gratuity etc., as admissible as per rules of the Company. In addition, House Rent Allowance will be paid only where company accommodation is not available.||Emoluments on confirmation after two years of training will include basic pay, industrial dearness allowance, reimbursement of local travelling expenses and other facilities such as medical facility for self and family, provident fund, gratuity (as per ceiling prescribed under Payment of Gratuity act 1972), LTC, etc., as admissible as per rules of the company. In addition, House Rent Allowance will be paid only where company accommodation is not available.|
VIII) Application Fee:
|Sr. Medical Officer||General.OBC||Rs.500/-|
|Jr. Staff Nurse||General.OBC||Rs.2507-|
No application fee will be charged from SC/ST/PwD/ESM.
IX) How to Apply:
Eligible and interested candidates would be required to apply online through SAIL’s website: www.sail.co.in (Careerwith SAIL). No other means/mode of application will be accepted. Before applying the candidates should ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility norms. Their registration will be provisional as their eligibility will be verified only at the time of Interview / skill test/trade test. Mere issue of admit card or Interview/trade test/skill test call letterwill not imply acceptance of candidature. Candidature of a registered candidate is liable to be rejected at any stage of recruitment process or even on joining, if any information provided by the candidate is found to be false or not in conformity with the eligibility criteria at any stage. Before registering their applications on the website, the candidates should possess the following:
a) Valid e-mail ID, which should remain valid for at least one year.
b) Towards application fee:
i) In case of payment through Pay-in-Slip (SBI Challan)-Candidates should possess Pay-in-Slip (SBI Challan) of requisite amount for the post. The Pay-in-Slip (SBI Challan) is to be downloaded from the website after filling in the required details.
ii) In case of payment through Net banking/Credit Card/Debit Card-Candidates should possess e-receipt generated after successful transaction during payment of fees.
c) Candidates should have latest passport size photograph (Jpg only of less than 50kb size)as well as photograph of signature (Jpg only of less than 20 kb size)in digital form for uploading with the application form.
d) Candidates are advised to read carefully instructions for online submission of application. The same will be available in the website itself.
e) While filling online application, candidates must carefully follow all the steps. Incomplete application/ application without fee/ application not fulfilling any eligibility criteria will be rejected summarily. No communication will be entertained from the applicants in this regard.
The submission of online application/ registration process involves following three steps:-
Step 1: Filling up of candidate’s detail
• Go to SAILcareers page at www.sail.co.in
• Read the advertisement carefully to be sure about your eligibility
• Click on the link Apply
• Fill up all the required fields
• Ensure the information provided is correct and then submit
Step 2: Making Payment (Not required for SC/ST/PwD/ESM/Departmental candidate)
Option I- Payment through Pay-in-Slip (SBI Challan).
• Generate the Pay-in-Slip (SBI Challan) in triplicate from the portal itself. Only this should be used for depositing the fee for proper crediting of amount in the allocated account.
• Go to the nearest branch of State bank of India bank with Pay-in-Slip and deposit the required amount in Bank. State Bank of India has been authorized to collect the application and processing fee, in a specially opened account No. 32549519300 at Sector-1 Branch, Bhilai, on behalf of BSP, SAIL.
• On receipt of the money, the concerned branch of SBI will issue a unique Journal Number and a Branch Code of the branch collecting the money. It will be written in the Pay-in-Slip by collecting branch of SBI. SBI will retain one copy of Pay-in-Slip (Bank’s copy) and return two copies (BSP’s copy and candidate’s copy) of the same to the candidate.
• Feed this unique journal number and date of payment written on the Pay-in-Slip in SAIL’s website before closing date of website after logging in to generate provisional Registration Slip.
• Candidate will have to bearthe bank charges in addition to the applicable application fee.
Option II: Payment through Net banking/Credit Card/Debit Card.
• For this option no fees payment challan will be generated. The payment can be made through Net banking/Credit Card/Debit Card using the payment gateway made available. Transaction charges for online payment, if any, will be borne by the candidates.
• After ensuring the correctness of the particulars of the application form, candidates are required to pay fees through the payment gateway integrated with the application, following the instructions available on the screen. No change/edit will be allowed thereafter.
Failed transaction amount will automatically be refunded to same A/c from which payment was originally made.
Step 3: Final Registration and Printing of Provisional registration Slip
1. For payment through Pay-in-Slip (SBI Challan) – After applying online, the candidate is required to download the system generated Registration Slip with unique Registration number and other essential details. Candidate must retain a copy of Registration Slip and BSP’s copy of Pay-in-slip (in case fee has been paid) as they will be asked to produce the same during selection process.
2. For payment through Net banking/Credit Card/Debit Card – On successful completion of the transaction, e-receipt will be generated; which should be printed for record and submitted as & when required in the subsequent stages.
• In case a candidate deposits the fee in a wrong account, or doesn’t finally submits application form with payment details, application will be rejected as incomplete and SAIL, BSP will not be responsible.
• No request for editing payment details and issue of Admit card will be entertained in wrong submission cases and candidature will stand rejected.
• If the online transaction is not completed successfully, candidate will have to register again and make online payment.
• Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances. Candidate are therefore requested to verify their eligibility before paying the application fee and to fill in the payment details carefully.
All correspondence with candidates shall be done through e-mail only. All information regarding examination schedule/admit card/ interview/trade test/skill test call letters etc. shall be provided through email/uploading on SAIL website. Responsibility of receiving, downloading and printing of admit card / call letter/ any other information shall be of the candidate. BSP will not be responsible for any loss of email sent, due to invalid/wrong email ID provided by the candidate or for delay/non -receipt of information if a candidate fails to access his/her email/website in time. Candidates are not required to send any document in hard copy to BSP at this stage. However, candidates must upload their document related to DOB, Qualification and caste (SC/ST/OBC) and PwD/ESM (if applicable) certificate on the website before closing date. The candidates will be allowed to appear in the Written Test only if they possess the valid Photo Admit Card which will be available for downloading from the SAIL website as per schedule indicated below.
XI) General Conditions:
1. Candidates must be an Indian national possessing requisite qualification from an institute recognised by State Government/ Central Government.
2. Candidates not fulfilling the required criteria need not apply. All certificates of eligibility will be verified at the time of interview/skill test / trade test only and any candidate fail to produce the same will not be allowed in the interview/skill test / trade test. Therefore, candidates must ensure their eligibility before submission of application.
3. Biometric registration and subsequent verification of candidates will be carried out during the selection process and at the time of joining.
4. Candidature of a registered candidate is liable to be rejected at any stage of the recruitment process or after recruitment or joining, if any information provided by the candidate is found to be false or is not found in conformity with eligibility criteria mentioned in the advertisement. Bhilai Steel Plant reserves the right to reject the applications and no communication in this regard will be made with the applicant.
5. Bringing influence at any stage of the selection process will disqualify the candidate.
6. The Management reserves the right to fill or not to fill all or any of the above positions without assigning any reason whatsoever.
7. The prescribed qualification / experience are the minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle a candidate for written test/interview /skill test/trade test. SAIL / BSP’s decision shall be final in this regard.
8. Selected candidates shall also be required to serve in any of the mines owned by Bhilai Steel Plant.
9. The advertisement is available at SAIL website www.sail.co.in. Any subsequent changes if made in the employment notice shall be communicated through the website. Candidates are advised to keep themselves updated of the changes if any.
10. The vacancies shown are provisional and liable to be increased or decreased or may be reduced to nil; in which case Bhilai Steel Plant is not liable to compensate the applicant for the consequential damages.
11. Candidates employed in Govt. departments/PSUs/Autonomous Bodies will have to produce No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the present employer at the time of interview/trade test/skill test..
12. While applying candidate must write his/ her name as it appears in the educational certificate of matriculation or equivalent examination.
13. No request for change of examination centre will be entertained after final submission of application form. However, BSP reserves the right to cancel or add any center depending on the response in that area/centre.
14. Laptop mobile/ wrist watches, calculator, scales and other electronic gadgets will not be allowed within the premises of examination centres.
15. If the SC/ST/OBC/PwD certificate has been issued in a language other than English/Hindi, the candidates will be required to submit a self-certified translated copy of the same either in English or Hindi.
16. Candidates may visitthe FAQs section on the SAIL website for any queries.
17. Candidates should retain a copy of Pay-in-Slip (SBI Challan) and Registration Slip or e-receipt (as the case may be) as they can be asked to produce it forfuture reference.
18. BSP reserves the right to cancel/restrict/enlarge/modify/alter the requirements advertised, if need so arise, without issuing any further notice or assigning any reason thereto.
19. Court of jurisdiction for any dispute will be at Durg.
XII) Important Dates:
|1||Starting date of receipt of online application||:||17/02/2017|
|2||Closing date of receipt of online application||:||16/03/2017|
|3||Last date of feeding of payment details||:||16/03/2017|
|4||Availability of Payment Reconciliation Status with edit option||:||Will be available in website|
|5||Closing of payment editing option||:|
|6||Date of availability of written test Admit Card on website||:|
|7||Tentative Date of Written Test||:||Will be confirmed in Admit Card|
Advt. No. BSP-285(Rectt.)/16-17, Dt. 16/02/2017
Registered Office: Ispat Bhawan, Lodi Road, New Delhi 110 003
Corporate Identity Number : L27109DL1973GOI006454 website : www.sail.co.in
There’s a little bit of SAIL in everybody’s life
50/21/Central Government/Recruitment/Other/Other/Consultant/Other than Delhi