|Course name||MASTER OF SCIENCE (M.SC.) IN CLINICAL RESEARCH|
|Course details||Two-years “Master of Science in Clinical Research” (M.Sc. Clin Res) is a post-graduate degree which will be awarded by the Homi Bhabha National Institute (HBNI) deemed University. The course will be conducted at the Tata Memorial Centre and will be followed by a mandatory one-year internship at the Tata Memorial Centre and its outreach centres. The course will commence on 1st August 2017.|
|Minimum eligibility criteria||Graduation with minimum 50% marks in aggregate in any of the following subjects.|
• B.Sc in Bioscience/Life Sciences (Botany, Zoology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Genetics, Biotechnology)
• B.Sc in Chemistry
• B.Sc in Clinical Nutrition
• Pharmacy or Pharmaceutical Science (B.Pharm)
• Graduate in Medicine (Allopathy, Homeopathy, Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha)
• Graduation in Dentistry (BDS)
• Occupational Therapy (B.Sc)
• Physiotherapy (B.Sc)
• Nursing (B.Sc)
• Paramedical Technology
Students who have appeared for their final exam and awaiting results are eligible for the entrance examination; however, they will have to provide proof of passing and final Marksheet at the time of joining the course failing which their admission will be cancelled.
|Selection criteria||• Selection will be based on the evaluation of performance in written test followed by interview.|
• Only those candidates who score at least 50% marks in the written entrance exam are eligible to be called for interview.
• A fixed number of candidates (not exceeding 3 times the number of seats) will be called for the interview from those who have scored 50% and above.
• 25% of seats will be reserved for in-house candidates from the Tata Memorial Centre.
|Application forms||• Application forms are available at https://tmc.gov.in/|
|Application fees||• Online payment of Rupees 2000/- (two thousand only). This is non-refundable. Female candidates and SC/ST candidates are exempted from paying the application fees.|
|Application process||• Interested candidates fulfilling minimal eligibility criteria should complete the application form online as per instructions.|
• Candidates are advised to save the completed application and print the document on one side of the paper only.
•Online submission ALONE will NOT be considered.
•The completed Hardcopy of application should be signed and sent by registered post / speed post to the Office of the Director – Academics, TMC, 13th Floor, Homi Bhabha Block Building Tata Memorial Centre, Dr. Ernest Borges Marg, Parel, Mumbai -400012 on or before 05.05.2017.
• Copies of all relevant certificates and documents should be attached.
• The envelope containing the application should be marked “APPLICATION FOR M.SC. CLINICAL RESEARCH 2017”.
• Applications sent by Fax, E-Mail, Photocopies in OLD FORMAT or any other form will NOT be entertained.
• Duly completed application form should be submitted along with online payment receipt (Payment of Fees using Debit/Credit Card Number) of Rs. 2000/- (Rupees two thousand only) which is NOT refundable.
• Female candidates and SC/ST candidates are exempted from paying the application fees.
• Incomplete applications will be rejected and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained. Applications received after the last date will be rejected and no grounds for delay including postal delay will be entertained.
• All passport size photographs must be recent (less than 6 months old) self-attested, identical, snapped with front profile, showing full head, face, shoulder and with both ears and taken without wearing any Cap/Hat/Sun glasses. Polaroid photos are not acceptable.
|Entrance exam||• Will be conducted in Mumbai.|
• Multiple choice type questions with negative marking for wrong answers.
• Syllabus for the exam includes basic sciences, clinical research methods and general knowledge.
• Only candidates with original admit card along with valid identity proof will be allowed to enter the examination hall.
|Age limit||30 Years as on 31.05.2017 (Relaxable 05 years for SC/ST and 03 years for OBC).|
|Duration||2-years course + 1-year internship (mandatory)|
|Fees||Course fees will be charged from selected candidates at the rate of Rs. 30,000 per year for the two years of the course. Fees will be deducted on Installment basis from the stipend.|
|Stipend||First year: Rs. 10000 per month|
Second year: Rs. 12000 per month
Third year (Internship period): Rs. 16000 per month
|Accommodation||Selected candidates from outside Mumbai may be provided hostel accommodation on payment depending on availability.|
|Cafeteria and library facility||In addition to actual charges, refundable deposit of Rs. 4000/- for diet and Rs. 1000/- for library will have to be paid to avail of these facilities|
|Help Desk||• Yet to be received|
|Terms||• During the course, the student shall not apply for any post or any other courses / PG. studies / Scholarship or appear for any examination or interview outside or if applied before start of the training, the candidate has to give proper information to this Institution.|
• Candidates leaving the course midway will have to repay the entire stipend amount and the course fee Rs. 60,000/- (02 Years)
• All Candidates must submit a certificate from Allopathy Medical Practitioner confirming the Health status (Physical & Mental) of the candidate.
• The decision of the Director – Tata Memorial Centre shall be final and binding.