UTTAR PRADESH PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
ADVT.NO. :A-2/E-1/2017 Date: 22.02.2017
COMBINED STATE / UPPER SUBORDINATE SERVICES EXAMINATION – 2017
Last Date for Deposition of Examination Fee in the Bank: 22 March, 2017
Last Date for Submission of Application : 27 March, 2017
SPECIAL NOTICE : (a) Applications will be accepted only when fee is deposited in the Bank upto prescribed last date for fee deposition. If the fee is deposited in Bank after the last date prescribed for fee deposition, the on-line application of the candidate will not be accepted and the fee deposited in the Bank will not be refunded in any condition. It will be responsibility of the candidates to deposit fee in the Bank upto the last date prescribed for fee deposition and to ’submit’ the application upto the last date prescribed for submission of applications. It is also informed that less or more amount deposited in the form of examination fee shall not be refunded in any condition.
(b) In Online Application System, the candidates have to provide their Mobile No. in prescribed column failing which their Basic Registration shall not be completed. All relevant informations / instructions shall be sent through SMS on that mobile.
NECESSARY INFORMATION TO APPLICANTS FILLING THEIR APPLICATIONS THROUGH ON-LINE
This advertisement is also available on the Commission’s website http://uppsc.up.nic.in. The online application system is applicable for applying against this advertisement. Applications sent by any other mode shall not be entertained hence candidates are advised to apply On-line only. In connection with On-line application, candidates are advised to go through thoroughly the instructions given as under and apply accordingly:-
1. When the candidate clicks “ALL NOTIFICATIONS/ADVERTISEMENTS” on the Commission’s website http://uppsc.up.nic.in the On-line advertisement shall be automatically displayed, wherein there shall be 3 parts given as below:
A list of all the advertisements will be displayed in which “On-line System” is applicable. The Instructions for filling “On-line form” have been given in User Instruction. The Candidates desirous to see the advertisement will have to click before ‘View Advertisement’ to which they are desirous to see, full advertisement will be displayed along with sample snapshots of ON-LINE Application Procedure. Click on “Apply” for On-line Application.
On-line application will be completed in three stages:
First Stage: On clicking “Apply”, Candidate Registration will be displayed. Basic Registration form will be displayed on clicking the ‘Candidate Registration’ respective to Examination. After filling the Basic Registration form, the candidates must check all the informations filled by them. If any correction / modification is required, click on ‘Click here to modify’ and ensure the required corrections / modifications. After being fully satisfied with all the informations filled, click on ‘Submit Application’. Consequently, the registration of first stage shall be over. Thereafter “Print Registration Slip” shall be displayed and Print of Registration Slip must be taken by clicking on Print Registration Slip.
Second Stage: After the completion of the procedure of first stage, ‘Fee to be deposited [in INR]’ shall be displayed with caption “Click here to proceed for payment”. After clicking the above caption of “Click here to proceed for payment”, home page of State Bank MOPS (Multi Option Payment System) shall be displayed comprising of 03 modes of payment viz. (i) NET BANKING (ii) CARD PAYMENTS and (iii) OTHER PAYMENT MODES. After depositing the required fee by any one of the above prescribed modes. “Payment Acknowledgement Receipt (PAR)” shall be displayed alongwith detail of fee deposition, the print of which must be taken by clicking on “Print Payment Receipt”.
Third stage: On completion of the procedure of second stage click on “Proceed for final submission of application form (Part-2)” as a result of which ‘format’ shall be displayed. The candidates are required to enter all the required informations in the format. The photo and signature, duly scanned shall be uploaded also. The candidate should scan his photograph and signature in the prescribed size (the size will be mentioned at the specified spot in the On-line application). This should also be kept in notice that the photo must be latest passport size. In case the photo and signature, scanned in the prescribed size, are not uploaded, then the On-line system will not accept it. The procedure related for scanning of the photo and signature is laid down in the Appendix-1. After filling in all entries in the format, the candidates may click “PREVIEW” to see for themselves that all entries and informations are correctly entered and after satisfying themselves should click “Submit” button to forward the same to the Commission. It is essential that the candidate should fill all informations Online \correctly according to the instructions given and click the ‘Submit’ button by the last date prescribed for submission of the application form. If the candidate does not click the “Submit” button, the ON-LINE application process shall not be completed finally and the candidate shall be accountable for this. After clicking the ‘Submit’ button, the candidate may take a print of the application to preserve it with them. In the event of any discrepancy, the candidate will be required to submit the said print in the office of the Commission, otherwise his/her request shall not be entertained.
2. The Application once submitted, will not be allowed to be modified.
3. Application Fee: In the ON-LINE Application process, after completing the procedure of first stage, Category wise prescibed examination fee is to be deposited as per instructions provided in second stage. The prescribed fee of preliminary examination for different categories is as under:-
|1.||Unreserved (General)/ Other Backward Class||– Exam fee Rs. 100/- + On-line processing fee Rs. 25/- Total = Rs. 125/-|
|2.||Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe||– Exam fee Rs. 40/- + On-line processing fee Rs. 25/- Total = Rs. 65/-|
|3.||Handicapped||– Exam fee NIL + On-line processing fee Rs. 25/- Total = Rs. 25/-|
|4.||Dependents of the Freedom Fighters/ Ex-Serviceman /Women||– According to their original category.|
4. The Basic Registration of such candidates will not be accepted who have been debarred from U.P. Public Service Commission and their period of debar has not been completed. In addition to above, the applications submitted without requisite informations rergarding debar, if it is found at any stage in future that the applications have been submitted concealing this fact, his/her candidature will be rejected at any stage and the commission will consider to debar them from all future examinations/selections including extension of debar period. In this regard if the claims of the candidates made in their applications are not found true, they can be debarred not only from the examination in question but from all the future examinations and selections made by the commission also including other appropriate penalties.
5. If the candidates want some correction or change in their submitted applications, they can submit another fresh complete applications ON-LINE with desired corrections along with prescribed fee within the last notified dates of the advertisement. The application fee deposited with the prior application will neither be returned nor adjusted in any condition. In the aforesaid condition the application of that Registration No. on which admit card candidate will appear in the examination, will be treated as final.
6. The U.P. Public Service Commission shall hold a Preliminary Examination at various Centres of the Districts mentioned in Appendix-2 of this advertisement for selecting suitable candidates for admission to the Combined State/Upper Subordinate Services Main (Written) Examination 2017. The selection will be made on the basis of total marks obtained by the candidates in Main (Written) Examination and Interview (Where specified in Rules). The Centre of Examination, decided by the Commission, will be intimated to the candidates by means of their e-Admission Certificate. The no. of Districts/centres may be increased/decreased according to the decision of the Commission.
7. No. of Vacancies:- Presently, the no. of vacancies are 251.
The details of approximate posts to be included in this examination carrying the pay scale of Rs. 9300-34800 Grade Pay Rs 4200 to Rs 15600-39100 Grade Pay 5400 are as follows:-
Deputy Collector, Deputy Superintendent of Police, Block Development Officer, Assistant Regional Transport Officer, Assistant Commissioner (Commercial Tax), District Commandent Homeguards, Treasury Officer/Accounts Officer (Treasury), Cane Inspector and Assistant Sugar Commissioner, Superintendent Jail, Manager Credit (Small Industries), Manager Marketing and Economic Survey (Small Industries), Executive Officer Grade-I/Assistant Nagar Ayukta, District Basic Education Officer/Associate DIOS & other equivalent Administrative Posts, Assistant Director Industries (Marketing), Assistant Labour Commissioner, Senior Lecturer DIET, Designated Officer, Assistant Commissioner Industries, Statistical Officer, Assistant Accounts Officer (Treasury), Commercial Tax Officer, District Minority Welfare Officer, District Food Marketing Officer, Executive Officer (Panchayati Raj), Deputy Secretary (Housing and Urban Planning), Area Rationing Officer, District Backward Welfare Officer, Naib Tehsildar, District Saving Officer, District Panchayat Raj Officer, District Social Welfare Officer, Executive Officer (Nagar Vikas), Accounts Officer (Nagar Vikas), District Supply Officer Grade-2, Additional District Development Officer (Social Welfare), Passenger/Goods Tax Officer, District Handicapped Welfare Officer, Assistant Employment Officer, Accounts Officer (Local Bodies), Regional Employment Officer, Assistant Registrar (Cooperative), Sub Registrar, Assistant Prosecuting Officer (Transport), District Probation Officer, District Horticulture Officer Grade-2, District Horticulture Officer Grade-1 and Superintendent Govt. Garden, District Horticulture Officer, District Cane Officer, U.P. Agriculture Service Group-“B” (Development Branch), District Administrative Officer, District Audit Officer (Revenue Audit), Assistant Controller Legal Measurement (Grade-1), District Programme Officer, District Youth Welfare and Pradeshik Vikas Dal Officer.
Out of aforesaid posts, the requisitions received have been inculded in this Examination. The requisitions of the rest of the posts if received before the result of Preliminary Examination may be added to this examination. The no. of vacancies may increase or decrease on the request of the Govt, in special circumstances.
8. Reservation: The reservation for Scheduled Castes of U.PVScheduled Tribes of U.PVOther Backward Class candidates of U.P. shall be admissible in accordance with the provisions of relevant Govt. Rules. Accordingly, reservation for category under horizontal as Dependents of Freedom Fighters of U.P, Ex-Serviceman of U.P. P.H. of U.P. and Women candidates of U.P. shall be admissible on settlement of vacancies. Reservation for P.H. of U.P. shall be permissible for the notified/identified Posts.
Note : (1) The Candidates claiming the benefit of reservation/age relaxation must obtain, in support of their category a certificate issued by competent authority on the proforma available on Appendix-3 of the Website of this detailed advertisement and shall submit the same to the Commission when asked for. (2) All Reserved candidates of U.P. must mention their Category/Sub Category in the Application. (3) Candidates claiming reservation/Age relaxation in more than one category, will be entitled to only one concession, whichever is more beneficial to them. (4) The Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Class, Dependents of Freedom Fighter, PH., Ex-Serviceman and women candidates who are not the permanent residents of U.P. shall not be given the benefit of reservation/age relaxation. Such candidates shall be treated as the candidates of the General Category. (5) In case of women candidates, the caste certificate/domicile certificate issued from father side only be treated valid. (6) For Ex-Army personnel, in case of availability of post in class-Ill, the reservation will be admissible as per rules. (7) It is mandatory for the candidates to enclose self-attested copies of all the certificates along with the application forms of Main Examination in support of the claims made by them in their application forms of Preliminary Examination regarding eligibility and category/sub category, failing which theirclaim shall not be entertained.
9. Conditions of Eligibility (For age relaxation only) : Eligibility in case of Emergency Commissioned /Short Service Commissioned Officers: In accordance with the provisions of the G.O. No. 22/10/1976-karmik-2-85, dated 30-1-1985 Emergency Commissioned/Short Service Commissioned Officers who have not been released from Army but whose period of Army service has been extended for rehabilitation, may also apply for this examination on the following conditions: (A) Such applicants will have to obtain a certificate of the competent authority of Army, Navy, Air Force to the effect that their period of Service has been extended for rehabilitation and no disciplinary action is pending against them. (B) Such applicants will have to submit in due course a written undertaking that in case they are selected for the post applied for, they will get themselves released immediately from the Army Service. The above facilities will not be admissible to Emergency/Short Service Commissioned Officers, if (a) he gets permanent Commission in the Army, (b) he has been released from the Army on tendering resignation, (c) he has been released from the Army on grounds of misconduct or physical disability. The candidates must possess all the requisite qualifications/Eligibility conditions till the last date for submitting the applications.
10. MARITAL STATUS: Male candidates who are married and have more than one wife living and female candidates who have married a person already having a wife, shall not be eligible unless the Hon’ble. Governor has granted an exemption from this condition.
11. EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION: The candidates must possess Bachelors Degree of any recognised University or equivalent qualification upto the last date for receipt of application. This should be mentioned by the candidate in the relevant column of their application form but for some posts specific qualifications have been prescribed of which the details are given below:-
|Sub Registrar, Assistant Prosecuting Officer (Transport)||Law Graduate|
|Distt. Horticulture Officer Grade-2, D.H.O. Grade-1/Supdt. Govt. Garden||Science Graduate in Horticulture (Ag.) or Equivalent Degree in B.Sc. Ag. or Horticulture.|
|Distt. B.S.A./Associate DIOS and Other equivalent administrative posts, Distt. Administrative Officer||Post Graduate Degree|
|Distt. Cane Officer, U.P. Ag. Service Group “B” (Development Branch)||Agriculture Graduate|
|Distt. Audit Officer (Revenue Audit)||Commerce Graduate|
|Asstt. Controller Legal Measurement (Grade-I)||Degree in Science with Physics or Mechanical Engg. as one subject.|
|Asstt. Director Industries (Marketing)||Post Graduate Degree in Arts, Science or Commerce or Technology or Post Graduate Degree in Textile Industries of any recognised Institute or minimum Graduation Degree in Textile Technology.|
|Asstt. Labour Commissioner||Degree in Arts with Sociology or Economics as a subject or Commerce/Law.|
|Distt. Programme Officer||Degree in Sociology or Social Science or Home Science or Social Work.|
|Senior Lecturer, DIET||Post Graduate Degree with B.Ed.|
|Distt. Probation Officer||Post Graduate Degree in Psychology or Sociology or Social Work or any qualification equivalent thereto or Post Graduate Diploma in any Branch of Social Work from any recognised Institute of Social Work.|
|Designated Officer||(1) Post Graduate Degree in Chemistry as one of the subjects from a University established by law in India or a qualification recognised by the Government as equivalent thereto, or
(2) Atleast one of qualification prescribed for Direct Recruitment to the post of Food Safety Officer given as below:
|A Bachelor’s Degree in Food Technology or Dairy Technology or Biotechnology or Oil Technology or Agricultural Science or Veterinary Sciences or Bio-Chemistry or Microbiology or Post Graduate Degree in Chemistry or Degree in Medicine from a recognised University, or any other equivalent/recognised qualification notified by the Central Government, Provided that no person who has any financial Interest in the manufacture, import or sale of any article of food shall be appointed to be a Food Safety Officer.|
|Statistical officer||Post Graduate Degree in mathematics or Mathematical Statistics or Statistics or Agricultural Statistics from an university recognized by Law in India or equivalent qualification recognised by the Government.|
Note:- “In case of special educational Qualification posts, the candidates must mention their options clearly ‘Yes’, in that conditions only they shall be considered for the posts bearing special education qualification.”
12. AGE LIMIT: (i) Candidates must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have crossed the age of 40 years on July 1st, 2017 i.e. they must have not been born earlier than 2nd July, 1977 and not later than July 1, 1996. For PH candidates, the maximum age limit is 55 years i.e. they must have not been born before 2nd July, 1962. (ii) Relaxation in Upper Age Limit: (a) Upper age limit shall be greater by five years for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes of U.P., Scheduled Tribes of U.P. and Other Backward Classes of U.P., Skilled players of U.P. of Classified Games and State Govt. Employees of U.P. including Teachers/Staff of the Basic Shiksha Parishad of U.P. according to G.O. No. 1648/79-5-2015, dated 19th June, 2015 and Teachers / Staff of the Government Aided Madhyamik Vidyalayas of U.P. as per G.O. NO. 1508/15-8-2015-3057/2015, dated 16th September, 2015 i.e. they must have not been born before 2nd July, 1972 (Only domiciled persons in U.P. are entitled for such age relaxation), (b) Upper age limit shall be greater by fifteen years for physically handicapped persons of U.P. (c) Upper age limit shall also be greater by five years for Group-‘B’posts for the Emergency Commissioned Officers/Short Service Commissioned Officers/ Ex-Army Personnels of U.P. who have rendered five years service in Army, but there shall be no reservation for Group-‘B’ posts. In case of availability of Group-‘C posts in the Examination, the Age relaxation and reservation shall be given according to Rule. No relaxation is admissible in upper age limit for D.F.F. Candidates.
13. SOME INFORMATIONS ABOUT MAIN EXAMINATION AND INTERVIEW: (i) Only such candidates will be admitted to the Main (written) examination who are declared successful in the Preliminary Examination for which the successful Candidates will have to fill up another application form according to instructions of the Commission and for this application, the Examination fees for Unreserved (General), Other Backward Class and for Candidates of Other States is Rs. 200/- and Rs. 25/- as On-line Processing fees = Rs. 225/- and for Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe Candidates of U.P. the fees is Rs. 80/- and Rs. 25/- as On-line processing fees = Rs. 105/-only. The Candidates of Physically Handicapped category of U.P. are exempted from fees but they have to pay Rs. 25/- only as On-line Processing fees, but the candidates of D.F.F., women candidates and Ex-Army Personnels, of U.P. shall have to deposit their fees according to their original category, (ii) Candidates should carefully note that they will have to appear in the main examination against the same Roll No. allotted for the Preliminary Examination, (iii) The dates and venue for the Main examination shall be informed by the Commission later on through e-Admit cards, (iv) Only such candidates will be called for interview who are declared successful on the basis of the main (written) examination, (v) Candidates will have to fill up the prescribed application form before the Interview (viva-voce test), (vi) Preferences for different posts will be asked at the time of Interview which will be treated final and no change therein will be worthy of being admitted. In this regard no application for error correction/modification shall be acceptable, (vii) All original certificates shall be verified at the time of Interview. Candidates will also be required to furnish four passport size Photographs, two unattested and two attested by their Head of Department or Head of the Institution where they have received education or by a Gazetted Officer at the time of Interview, (viii) Candidates serving under the Central or State Government will have to produce ‘No Objection Certificate’ from their employer at the time of interview issued by the competent authority, (ix) It is essential for the candidates to appear in the interview who qualify on the basis of Main Examination under the provisions laid down in Service Rules for service of recruitment where Written Examination and Interview are indicated.
NOTE: The candidates must enclose self attested copies of all certificates in support of their claims rendered in the application form for main examination. If they do not enclose self attested copies of all certificates in support of their all claims, their candidature shall be cancelled.
14. IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR CANDIDATES: (1) As per decision of the UPPSC a candidate will be liable to be debarred from this examination and all other future examinations and selections upto a maximum period of five years for furnishing any wrong information in his/her application form which can not be substantiated by relevant documents or for any other malpractice. (2) No change in category, sub-category, Date of Birth and optional subjects for Main (written) examination etc. is permissible after the receipt of application form in the office of the Commission. In this regard no application for error correction/modification shall be acceptable. (3) The date of birth of the candidates shall be admissible as entered in High School Certificate. The candidate will have to attach his/her High School or Equivalent Examination Certificate with the application form of Main Examination. No Other Certificate shall be acceptable for Date of Birth and if it is not attached with the application, it shall be rejected. (4) The candidates will have to enclose self attested copies of Marksheets, Certificates & Degrees alongwith the application form of Main examination in support of their claims of Educational Qualifications. If they do not enclose self attested certificates/documents in support of their claims, the applications shall be rejected. (5) The benefit of reservation to the categories of Handicapped persons of society shall be given only on the posts which are identified by the Government for their Sub category. For this benefit, the Handicapped persons must produce a certificate of being handicapped in that Sub category on the prescribed proforma issued by prescribed Medical Officer/ Specialist and counter signed by the Chief Medical Officer according to Rule 2 of U.P. Public Service (Reservation for physically Handicapped, Dependent of Freedom Fighters and Ex-Servicemen (Amendment) Act. 1997 read with G.O. dated.03 Feb., 2008). The Ex-Army personnels must be discharged from Army up to the last date prescribed for receipt of applications. (6) Date, time and venue etc. of examination along with Roll No. will be communicated to the candidates through e-Admit Cards. Candidates will have to appear at the centre/venue allotted to them by the Commission. No change in centre/venue is permissible and no application shall be entertained in this regard. (7) The candidature of such candidates who are subsequently found ineligible according to the terms laid down in advertisement will be cancelled and their any claim for the Main Examination will not be entertained. The decision of the Commission regarding eligibility of the candidates shall be final. (8) The Application/candidature will be rejected/cancelled if the application is not submitted on prescribed form, date of birth is not mentioned or wrong date of birth is mentioned, overage, under age, not mentioning optional subject in Application of Main (written) Examination, not fulfilling the minimum educational qualifications, applications received after last date and no signature under declaration in the format. (9) The Commission may admit the candidates provisionally after summarily checking of the applications but if it is found at any stage that applicant was not eligible or that his/her application should have been rejected or was not entertainable initially, his/her candidature will be rejected and if the candidate is selected, the recommendation of the Commission for the appointment shall be withdrawn. (10) The Commission reserves the right of cancelling the candidature of any candidate found indulging in any malpractice i.e. copying in examination hall or indiscipline, misbehavior or canvassing for his/her candidature. On violation of these instructions, the candidates may be debarred from this examination as well as future Examinations and selections. In this regard, decision of the Commission shall be final. (11) In all communication to the Commission, the candidate must mention the name of examination, advertisement No., registration No., date of birth, father’s/ Husband’s name and also the Roll Number, if communicated. (12) Candidates selected for appointment will have to undergo Medical Examination as required under the Rules. (13) On the basis of the Preliminary Examination, approximately eighteen times candidates to the number of vacancies, shall be declared qualified for the Main Examination and approximately three times candidates on the basis of the Main Examination shall be called for the interview. It is essential to be present in the interview for the posts where specified in the rules. (14) Scaling system will remain applicable in the optional subjects of the main examination. (15) The candidates who are appearing in the Examination of essential qualification prescribed for the posts need not apply, because they are not eligible. (16) While filling the answer sheets, the candidates must use Black Ball Point Pen Only. Use of any other pen or pencil is strictly prohibited. (17) The candidates must fillup his/her all informations correctly in the answer sheets with Black Ball Point Pen. The informations filled in the Answer sheets must not be erased by whitener, blade or rubber etc.
15. Physical Measurement:- Physical Measurements will be applicable according to Service Rules/ requisitions, in case of availability of posts e.g. Dy. Superintendent of Police, Superintendent of Jail, District Commandent Home Guards etc.
1. In no circumstances, applications of any stage shall be accepted after the last prescribed date and time. Applications found without requisite informations and without photograph and signature, even when received in time, will be summarily rejected.
2. In the On-line system, the candidates must ensure that all the requisite informations have been duly filled and must click the submit Button by the Last prescribed Date & Time. They must take the Print and keep it safely. In any discrepancy, they will have to produce the said print otherwise no request shall be entertained.
3. Those candidates, willing to take the benefit of the reservation/age relaxation must obtain a certificate, issued by the competent authority, in support of the reserved category, in the prescribed format printed in this detailed advertisement (Appendix-3) and submit the same to the Commission, whenever required to do so. Those claiming more than one reservation/age relaxation will be given only one such concession, which will be more beneficial. The Candidates who are not originally domiciled of U.P. belonging to SC, ST, O.B.C., dependents of freedom fighters, Ex-servicemen, P.H., women and State Government employees, Teachers etc. are not entitled to benefit of reservation/ age relaxation. Such candidates will be treated as general candidates. In case of the women candidates, the domicile/caste certificate issued from father side will be treated valid.
4. The Commission do not advise to candidates about their eligibility. Therefore, they should carefully read the advertisement and when satisfied about their eligibility as per conditions of the advertisement, then only apply. The candidates must possess all the requisite qualifications till the last date for submitting the applications.
5. In the category of dependents of the freedom fighters only sons, daughters, grandsons (Son’s son/Daughter’s son) and grand daughters (son’s daughter/daughter’s daughter, married/ unmarried) are covered. Only such relationships with the freedom fighters are not adequate but the candidates should remain actually dependent of the freedom fighter. Drawing the attention of the candidates towards Govt, orders dated 22.01.1982, 08.03.1983 and Govt. Order No. 3014, Personnel-2, 1982 dated 18.10.1982 read with Govt. Order No. 6/1972 Personnel-2, 1982 dated 15.01.1983, it is advised that now the candidates must obtain the reservation certificate from the District Magistrate in terms of Govt. Order No. 453/79-V-1-15-1(ka)14-2015, dated 07.04.2015 in the prescribed format and submit the same.
6. In the event of involvement of a candidate in the concealment of any important information, pendency of any case / criminal case, conviction, more than a husband or wife being alive, submission of facts in a distorted manner, malpractice, canvassing for selection etc, the Commission reserves the right to reject the candidature and debar from appearing in the examination in question and all future other examinations and selections.
7. In case the candidates feel any problem in the “On-line Application” they may get their problem resolved by contacting over phone or Website clicking ‘Contact us’.
8. The name of Districts for Preliminary Examination are available in the advertisement in Appendix-2. and proformae for reservation on Appendix-3. In the same way the plan of Examination on Appendix-4, the syllabus for Preliminary Examination on Appendix-5 and Instructions and syllabus for Main Examination is on Appendix-6. respectively.
Detailed Application Form
At the top of the page there is a Declaration. The candidates are advised to go through the contents of the Declaration carefully. Candidate has the option either to agree or disagree with the contents of Declaration by clicking on ‘I agree’ or ‘I do not agree’ buttons. In case the candidate opts to disagree, the application will be dropped, and the procedure will be terminated. Accepting to agree only will submit the candidate’s On-line Application.
This section shows information relevant to notification.
This section shows information about candidate’s personal details i.e. Registration Number, Candidate’s Name, Father/Husband’s Name, Gender, Date of Birth, UP domicile, Category, Marital Status, Email-ID and Contact Number.
Other Details of Candidate:
Other details of candidate shows the information details about UP Freedom Fighter, Ex Army, service duration and your physical deformity.
Education & Experience Details:
It shows your educational and experience details.
Candidate Address, Photo & Signature details:
Here you will see your complete communication address and photo with your signature.
At the bottom of the page there is a ‘Declaration’ for the candidates. Candidates are advised to go through the contents of the Declaration carefully.
After filling all above particulars there is provision for preview your detail before final submission of application form on clicking on “Preview” button.
Preview page will display all facts/particulars that you have mentioned on entry time if you are sure with filled details then click on “Submit” button to finally push data into server with successfully submission report that you can print.
Otherwise using “Back” button option you can modify your details.
[CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO TAKE A PRINT OF THIS PAGE BY CLICKING ON THE “PRINT” OPTION AVAILABLE]
For Other information:
For other information candidates are advised to select desired option in ‘Home Page’ of Commission’s website http://uppsc.up.nic.in.
All Notifications / Advertisements
ONLINE FORM SUBMISSION
|1. Candidate Registration (FIRST STAGE)|
|2. Fee Deposition / Reconciliation (SECOND STAGE)|
|3. Submit Application Form (THIRD STAGE)|
APPLICATION FORM STATUS
|Update your transaction ID by Double Verification mode|
|View Application Status|
|List of Applications Having Photo related Objections|
|Print Duplicate Registration Slip|
|Print Detailed Application Form|
|Print Address Slip for sendiang Documents to
Commission [Only for Direct Recruitment]
|Download Admit Card|
|Download Interview Letter for A.P.O. Examination 2015|
|Know your Registration No.|
|Click here to view Key Answer Sheet|
1. On clicking “View Application status” option in candidate Segment page you can see current status of candidate.
2. On clicking “Result” option in candidate Segment page candidate can see result status of periodically.
3. “Interview/Exam Schedule” option in candidate Segment page candidate can see interview and examination schedule details periodically.
4. On clicking “Key Answer Sheet” candidate can download key answer sheet.
5. On clicking “Admit Card/Hall Ticket” candidate can download their Admit Card using with some basic credential of candidate.
6. On clicking “List of Rejected Candidate” candidate can view rejected candidate list.
7. On clicking “Syllabus” candidate can view syllabus of particular examination.
(Candidates applying On-line need NOT send hard copy of the On-line Application filled by them On-line or any other document/certificate/testimonial to the Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission. However they are advised to take printout of the On-line Application and retain it for further communication with the UPPSC.) (The Candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions for admission to examination. Their admission at all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions). UPPSC takes up verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents at subsequent stages of examination process.
LAST DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: On-line Application process must be completed (including filling up of Part-I, Part-ll and Part-Ill of the Form) before last date of form submission according to advertisement, after which the Web. Link will be disabled.
The Procedure relating to upload Photo & Signature:-
Guide Lines for Scanning Photograph with Signature
1. Paste the Photo on any white paper as per the above required dimensions. Sign in the Signature Space provided. Ensure that the signature is within the box.
2. Scan the above required size containing photograph and signature. Please do not scan the complete page.
3. The entire image (of size 3.5 cm by 6.0 cm) consisting of the photo along with the signature is required to be scanned, and stored in * .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .tif, .png format on local machine.
4. Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 50 KB.
5. If the size of the file is more than 50 KB, then adjust the settings of the scanner such as the DPI resolution, no. colours etc., during the process of scanning.
6. The application has to sign in full in the box provided. Since the signature is proof of identify, it must be genuine and in full; initials are not sufficient. Signature in CAPITAL LETTERS is not permitted.
7. The signature must be signed only by the application and not by any other person.
8. The signature will be used to put on the Hall Ticket and wherever necessary. If the Applicant’s signature on answer script, at the time of the examination, does not match the signature on the Hall Ticket, the applicant will be disqualified.
Sample Image & Signature:-
The name of the districts in which the Preliminary Examination will be held are as follows – Agra, Allahabad, Azamgarh, Barabanki, Bareilly, Gorakhpur, Etawah, Faizabad, Ghaziabad, Jaunpur, Jhansi, Kanpur Nagar, Lucknow, Meerut, Moradabad, Rae Bareli, Shahjahanpur, Sitapur, Varanasi, Mainpuri and Mathura.
APPENDIX- 4 PLAN OF EXAMINATION : The competitive examination comprise three successive stages viz :-(1) Preliminary Examination (Objective Type & Multiple choice). 2- Main Examination (Conventional Type, i.e. Written examination). 3- Viva- Voce (Personality Test).
PRELIMINARY EXAMINATION The Preliminary examination will consist of two compulsory papers of which answer sheet be on OMR sheets. The syllabus is mentioned in Appendix-5 of this advertisement. The papers shall be 200 marks each and of two hours durations. Both the papers shall be objective Type & multiple choice in which there shall be 150-100 questions Respectively. The timing of paper I will be from 9.30 to 11.30 A.M. and paper II from 2.30 to 4.30 P.M.
Note : (1) Paper-ll of the Preliminary Examination will be a qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33%. (2) It is mandatory for the Candidates to appear in both the papers of Preliminary Examination for the purpose of evaluation. Therefore a candidate will be disqualified in case he does not appear in both in papers. (3) The merit of the Candidates will be determined on the basis of marks obtained in Paper-I of the Preliminary Examination. SUBJECTS FOR THE MAIN (WRITTEN) EXAMINATION :The Written examination will consist of the following compulsory and optional subjects. The syllabus whereof is mentioned in Appendix-6 of this advertisement. The candidates have to select any two subjects from the list of optional subjects for main examination. Each optional subject will consist of two papers.
(A) COMPULSORY SUBJECTS
1. General Hindi 150 marks
2. Essay 150 marks
3. General Studies (i-Paper) 200 marks
4. General Studies (ii-Paper) 200 marks
General studies paper -1 & Paper – II : Shall be objective type containing 150 questions and for solving the questions two hours time is allowed. For other compulsory and optional papers three hours time is allowed. Two hundred maximum marks has been allotted for each optional question paper.
Note :1. Timing of Examination Paper of 2 hours will be 9.30 am to 11.30 am and 2.30 pm to 4.30 pm. 2. Timing of examination paper of 3 hours is 9.30 am to 12.30 pm & 2 pm to 5 pm. 3. A candidate shall be required to obtain such minimum marks in the compulsory paper of General Hindi, as may be determined by the Government or the Commission, as the case may be. There shall be Two sections in all the question papers of all Optional subjects and each section will include Four questions. Candidates are required to answer only Five questions while they must select minimum, Two question from each section.
|Psychology||Botany||Law||Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science||Statistics|
|Defence Studies||Management||Political Science
& International Relations
|Anthropology||Civil Engineering||Mechanical Engineering||Electrical Engineering||English Lit.|
|Urdu Lit.||Arabic Lit.||Hindi Lit.||Persian Lit.||Sanskrit Lit.|
Note: A candidate will not be allowed to offer more than one subject from the –
|2.||Animal Husbandry and
and International Relations
(C) PERSONALITY TEST (VIVA-VOCE) TOTAL MARKS 200
The test will relate to the matter of general interest keeping the matter of academic interest in view and for general awareness, intelligence, character, expression power/personality and general suitability for the service.
APPENDIX- 5 SYLLABUS FOR THE PRELIMINARY EXAMINATION
PAPER-I General Studies-I (200 marks) Duration: Two hours
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World geography – Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and governance – Constitution , Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights issues etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development Poverty Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General Issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change- that do not require subject specialization.
- General Science
PAPER-II General Studies-ll (200 marks) Duration: Two hours
- Comprehension Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
- Decision making and problem solving.
- General mental ability.
- Elementary Mathematics upto Class X level- Arithmatic, Algebra, Geometry and Statistics.
- General English upto Class X level.
- General Hindi upto Class X level.
Current events of national and international importance:- On Current Events of National and International importance, candidates will be expected to have knowledge about them.
History of India and Indian National Movement:- In History emphasis should be on broad understanding social, economic and political aspects of Indian history. In the Indian National Movement, the candidates are expected to have synoptic view of nature and character of the freedom movement, growth of nationalism and attainment of Independence.
Indian and world Geography – Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World:- In World Geography only general understanding of the subject will be expected. Questions on the Geography of India will relate to Physical, Social & Economic Geography of India.
Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc:- In Indian Polity, Economic and Culture, questions will test knowledge of country’s political system including Panchayati Raj and Community Development, broad features of Economic policy in India and Indian Culture.
Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc:- The candidates will be tested with respect to problems and relationship between Population, Enviornment and Urbanisation.
General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization. General awareness of the subject is expected from candidates.
General Science:- Questions on General Science will cover general appreciation and understanding of Science including matters of every day observation and experience, as may be expected of a well educated person, who has not made a special study of any scientific discipline.
Note:- Candidate are expected to have general awareness about the above subjects with special reference to Uttar Pradesh.
ELEMENTARY MATHEMATICS (UPTO CLASS X LEVEL)
(1) Arithmetic:- (i) Number systems: Natural Numbers, Integers, Rational and irrational numbers, Real numbers, Divisors of an Integer, prime integers, L.C.M. and H.C.F. of integers and their interrelationship, (ii) Average (iii) Ratio and proportion (iv) Percentage (v) Profit and Loss (vi) Simple and Compound interests (vii) Work and Time, (viii) Speed, Time and Distance
(2) Algebra:- (i) Factors of polynomials, L.C.M. and H.C.F. of polynomials and their interrelationship, Remainder theorem, simultaneous linear equations, quadratic equations, (ii) Set Theory: Set null set, subsets and proper subsets of a set, operations (Union, Intersections, difference, symmetric difference) between sets, Venn diagram.
(3) Geometry:- (i) Constructions and theorems regarding triangle, rectangle, square, trapezium and circles, their perimeter and area, (ii) Volume and surface area of sphere, right circular cylinder, right circular Cone and Cube.
(4) Statistics:- Collection of data, Classification of data, frequency, frequency distribution, tabulation, cumulative frequency. Representation of data – Bar diagram, Pie chart, histogram, frequency polygon, cumulative frequency curves (ogives), Measures of Central tendency: Arithmetic mean, Median and Mode.
GENERAL ENGLISH UPTO CLASS X LEVEL
(2) Active Voice and Passive Voice.
(3) Parts of Speech.
(4) Transformation of Sentences.
(5) Direct and Indirect Speech.
(6) Punctuation and Spellings.
(7) Words Meanings.
(8) Vocabulary & usage.
(9) Idioms and Phrases. (10) Fill in the Blanks.
APPENDIX- 6 RULES AND SYLLABUS FOR THE MAIN EXAMINATION
1. No candidate shall be admitted to the examination unless he holds a certificate of admission from the Commission. The decision of the Commission as to the eligibility or otherwise of a candidate for admission to the examination shall be final. 2. CANDIDATES ARE WARNED THAT THEY SHOULD NOT WRITE THEIR ROLL-NUMBERS ANYWHERE EXCEPT IN THE SPACE PROVIDED ON THE COVER OF THEIR ANSWER BOOK/BOOKS OTHERWISE THEY WILL BE PENALISED BY A DEDUCTION OF MARKS. ALSO THEY SHOULD NOT WRITE, THEIR NAMES ANY-WHERE OTHERWISE THEY MAY BE DISQUALIFIED. 3. If a Candidate’s handwriting is not easily legible, deduction may be made from the total marks. 4. A candidate may answer question papers in English Roman Script or Hindi in Devnagri Script or in Urdu in Persian script provided that the language papers as a whole must be answered in any of the above script unless it is otherwise indicated in question paper. 5. The question papers shall be in English in Roman Script and Hindi in Devnagri Script. 6. The standard of knowledge required of candidates in compulsory and optional subjects will be such as a young man holding a Bachelor’s Degree of a University is expected to have except where the syllabus indicating otherwise.
MAIN EXAMINATION GENERAL STUDIES. PAPER-1
1. History of India-Ancient, Mediaeval, Modern 2. Indian National Movement and Indian Culture 3. Population, Environment and Urbanization in Indian Context 4. World Geography, Geography of India and its natural resources. 5. Current events of national and international importance. 6. Indian Agriculture, Trade and Commerce. 7. Specific knowledge of UP. regarding education, culture, Agriculture, Trade Commerce, The methods of living and Social Customs.