JOIN TERRITORIAL ARMY AS AN OFFICER
(ONLY FOR EX ARMED FORCES COMMISSIONED OFFICERS)
PART TIME COMMITMENT – FULL TIME HONOUR :ADVENTURE AWAITS YOU !
ARMY HEADQUARTERS SELECTION BOARD (ASB) – 2017
(DATE OF INTERVIEW : APRIL 2017)
(LAST DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATION : 31 JANUARY 2017)
(Official Website : www.indianarmy.nic.in)
Applications are invited from gainfully employed Ex Armed Forces Commissioned Officers for an opportunity of donning the uniform and serving the nation as Territorial Army Officers(Non Departmental), based on the concept of enabling motivated Ex Service Officers to serve in a military environment without having to sacrifice their primary professions. You can serve the nation in two capacities – as a civilian and as a soldier. No other option allows you such an expanse of experiences
1. CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY :
(a) Only Ex Service Officer can apply.
(b) Nationality : Only male citizens of India.
(c) Age Limits : 18 to 42 years on the date of application.
(d) Educational Qualifications : Graduate from recognized university.
(e) Physical Standards : A candidate must be physically and medically fit in all respects.
(f) Employment: Gainfully Employed.
Note: Serving member of the Regular Army/ Navy/ Air Force/ Police/ GREF/ Para Military and like forces are not eligible.
2. DATE OF INTERVIEW : APRIL 2017 (Firm dates will be communicated later by post).
3. LAST DATE OF RECEIPT OF APPLICATION : Application form completed in all respects will be accepted till 31 January 2017at Additional Directorate General Territorial Army, Integrated Headquarters of Ministry of Defence, ‘L’Block, Church Road, New Delhi – 110 001.
4. The date of holding the Interview as mentioned above is liable to be changed at the discretion of the competent authority.
5. Ex Service Officers to ensure their eligibility for the examination : The Ex Service Officers applying for the ASB Interview should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions for admission to the Interview. Their admission at all the stages of the Interview will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions.Mere issue of Admission certificate to the Ex Service Officers will not imply that his candidature has been finally cleared by the competent authority.
6. Type of Exam : Only Interview.
7. HOW TO APPLY. All desirous Ex Service Officers (Commissioned Officers only) of three services can download Application Form (IAF (TA)-9 (Revised) Part – 1) from www.indianarmy.nic.in(FREE OF COST) and send applications alongwith Photocopy of Release Order and Photocopy of Release Medical Board Proceedings to Additional Directorate General Territorial Army, Integrated Headquarters of Ministry of Defence, ‘L’ Block, Church Road, New Delhi – 110 001.
8. Ex Service Officer should note that no request for change of date of Interview will be granted.
9. The eligible candidates shall be issued a call up letter and will be sent by post by the Territorial Army Directorate.
10. SELECTION PROCEDURE :
(a) The Ex Service Officers will be screened by the Army Headquarters Selection Board (ASB) held at Additional Directorate General Territorial Army, Integrated Headquarters of Ministry of Defence, ‘L’Block, Church Road, New Delhi – 110 001.
(b) Recommended Ex Service Officers will undergo Medical Examination at Armed Forces Clinic, New Delhifollowed by their Police Verification for final selection.
11. EMBODIMENT FOR TRAINING:
(a) One month Basic Training in the first year of commission.
(b) Two months Annual Training Camp every year including the first year.
12. TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE :
(a) Commission is granted in the rank of Lieutenant.
(b) Pay and Allowances and privileges will be same as Regular Army Officers when embodied for training and military service.
(c) Promotions upto Lt Col by time scale subject to fulfilling laid down criteria. Promotion to Colonel and Brigadier by selection.
(d) Officers commissioned in Infantry TA may be called out for military service for longer duration depending on the requirement.
(e) Once previous service is verified from concerned PCDA (O) they are granted Ante-Date Seniority for Pay and Promotion.
(e) Pay Scales (Vlth CPC) :
|RANK||PAY BANDS / SCALE||GRADE PAY||Military Service Pay|
13. Ex Service Officers are required to bring the following documents in original alongwith attested copies at the time of interview. All those ex service officers whose complete documents are not produced for verifications will not be allowed to attend the interview.
(a) Application Form IAF (TA)-9 (Revised) Part-2 to be downloaded fromwww.indianarmy.nic.in and fill it up in their own hand writing.
(b) All educational qualification certificates (Matric onwards).
(c) Latest physical fitness certificate from a registered MBBS Doctor.
(d) Copy of Identity proof with photographs (Voter ID/PAN Card/Passport/Driving license etc).
(e) Domicile/ Residential proof.
(f) Certificate for proof of age (Matric/ Senior Secondary mark sheet & certificate for verification of date of birth).
(g) Service certificate by candidates employed in Central Govt/ Union Territory/ State/Semi Govt/ Private Sector Authenticated by Head Office alongwith No Objection Certificate by the department as per format given at Para 14 (a) below.
(h) Self employed candidates are required to submit an Affidavit on Non-Judicial stamp paper of minimum value duly attested stating nature of employment and annual income alongwith photocopy of PAN card and self certified character certificate.
(j) Ex Service Officers whose names vary in documents should submit copy of Gazette notification of India/ State showing the correct name or an affidavit duly supported by newspaper cuttings.
(k) Copy of Release Order.
(I) Copy of Release Medical Board Proceedings.
(m) Latest income proof from the appropriate authority (i.e. Income Tax Revenue Department / Magistrate / Employer).
(n) Copy of PAN Card.
(o) Copy of Aadhar Card.
(p) Copy of Certificates / Reports of all Courses.
14. THE FOLLOWING APPLICABLE CERTIFICATE BE COMPULSORILY PRODUCED AT THE TIME OF INTERVIEW:
(a) CERTIFICATE TO BE RENDERED BY CANDIDATES EMPLOYED IN CENTRAL GOVT/UNION TERRITORY/ STATE GOVT/ SEMI GOVT DULY AUTHENTICATED BY HEAD OF OFFICE
I certify that Shri________S/o ______________ employed under me as ________________for the last________yrs and that his character as far as known to me is good. He is/is not recommended for the grant of commission in TA. It is also certified that Shri______will be made available for Trg/embodiment for service of the Territorial Army as and when required. It is further certified that Shri _______does not hold and/or is not likely to hold in the foreseeable future a key-post in_______(Department/ Organisation) which could affect the minimum essential functions of this Department/ Organisation. However, in the event of him becoming a key man subsequently the Additional Director General Territorial Army, New Delhi shall be requested immediately to release or discharge him from the Territorial Army.
Signature Designation Stamp/Seal of Office
(b) CERTIFICATE TO BE RENDERED BY SELF EMPLOYED PERSONNEL (SELF CERTIFIED BY THE CANDIDATE)
(i) I_______(Name) S/o_______certify that I possess good moral character to the best of my belief and knowledge.
(ii) Affidavit on Non-Judicial stamp paper of minimum value duly endorsed by notary.
I________(Name) s/o__________resident of________do hereby solemnly affirm and declare as follows:-
(a) That I am a resident of above address.
(b) That I am self employed as____________.
(c) That my annual income from all sources is approximately Rs
The above statement is true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief.
Verification : Verified at_______on this_______day of________201___that the contents of above affidavit are true to my knowledge & belief and nothing has been concealed therein.
(c) CERTIFICATE TO BE RENDERED BY CANDIDATES EMPLOYED IN PRIVATE SECTOR (TO BE AUTHENTICATED BY HEAD OF OFFICE)
Certified that any difference between the civil and military pay and allowances of the applicant Name __________________________________ S/o ___________________ an employee of this organization will be paid by us for the period of his military duties in the Territorial Army. On return from military duty in the Territorial Army Shri ____________________ will be absorbed in the same or equivalent post which he would have held if his service in the civil had not been so interrupted and the such military service would count for all benefits in his civil job, like seniority for promotion, increment of pay, bonus and provident fund etc. To which he would have otherwise been entitled.
Designation Stamp/ Seal of Office
15. LAST DATE: Form completed in all respects will be accepted till 31 January 2017 at Additional Directorate General Territorial Army, Integrated Headquarters of Ministry of Defence, ‘L’ Block, Church Road, New Delhi -110 001. For more details about Territorial Army visit us at www.indianarmy.nic.inand download
APPLICATION FORM (FREE OF COST). This is the only authentic website of Territorial Army.
16. INCOMPLETE/ INELIGIBLE APPLICATION FORM AND THOSE APPLICATION FROM RECEIVED AFTER 31 JANUARY 2017 WILL BE REJECTED WITHOUT INTIMATION.
17. APPLICATION FORM OF CIVILIAN CANDIDATES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AND WILL BE REJECTED WITHOUT INTIMATION.