Government of India
Ministry of Defence
Office of the Joint Secretary (Estt/CAO) VACANCY CIRCULAR
The following vacancies are required to be filled in History Division, Ministry of Defence, New Delhi as per details given below:-
|SI No.||Name of Posts, Pay Scale and Classification||No. of Vacancies||Mode of Recruitment||Eligibility Conditions and Qualification|
|1.||Assistant DirectorPay Band-2 (Rs.9300-34800) Grade Pay Rs.4600/- ( Pre-revised) General Central Service, Group ‘B’ Gazetted, Non Ministerial||03 (02 existing vacancies and 01 anticipated with effect from 01-4-2017)||Deputation (Including Short-Term Contract)||DEPUTATION (INCLUDING SHORT TERM CONTRACT) Officers under the Central Government/State Governments/ Union Territories Administration/ Universities/Recognised Research Institutions/ Public Sector Undertakings/Semi Government/ Statutory or Autonomous Organisations :- (a)(i) Holding analogous posts on regular basis in the parent cadre / department. OR (ii ) With 5 years service in the grade rendered after appointment thereto on a regular basis in PB-2 of Rs.9300-34800 and Grade Pay of Rs.4200/- or equivalent in the parent cadre/ department; AND (b) Possessing the following educational qualifications and experience:- (i) Master’s Degree in History from a recognised University or equivalent; (ii) Two years research experience in the field of History.|
2. The departmental officers in the feeder category who are in the direct line of promotion will not be eligible for consideration for appointment on deputation/absorption. Similarly deputationists shall not be eligible for consideration for appointment by promotion.
3. The period of deputation (including short-term contract) including period of deputation (including short-term contract) in another ex-cadre post held immediately preceding this appointment in the same or some other organization/department of the Central Government shall ordinarily not to exceed 3 years. The maximum age limit for appointment by deputation shall not be exceeding 56 years as on the closing date of receipt of applications. The appointment on deputation shall be governed by DOP&T OM No. 6/8/2009-Estt. (Pay II) dated 17 Jun 2010 and its subsequent amendments, if any.
4. For the purpose of appointment on deputation basis the service rendered on a regular basis by an officer prior to 01 January of 2006/the date from which the revised pay structure based on the 6th Central Pay Commission Recommendations has been extended shall be deemed to be service rendered in the corresponding Grade Pay/Pay scale extended based on the recommendations of the Pay Commission except where there has been merger of more than one pre-revised scale of pay into one grade with a common grade pay/pay scale, and where this benefit will extend only for the post(s) for which that grade pay/pay scale is the normal replacement grade without any upgradation.
5. It is requested that the applications (in duplicate) in the enclosed proforma alongwith the complete and up-to-date CR dossiers or photocopies of ACRs for the last 05 years (duly attested by an officer not below the rank of Under Secretary) and Integrity Certificate (duly verified by an officer not below the rank of Deputy Secretary) of the officers who could be spared in the event of their selection may be sent so as to reach this office within 60 days from the date of publication of this advertisement in the Employment News. Applications received late or without the ACRs, Integrity Certificate, Cadre Clearance and Vigilance Clearance or otherwise found incomplete will not be considered. While forwarding the applications, it may be verified and certified by the Cadre Controlling Authority that the particulars furnished by the officer are correct and that no disciplinary/vigilance case is pending or contemplated against the officer. A separate certificate is also required to be furnished by cadre controlling authority that honesty and integrity of the officer is satisfactory and no major/minor penalty has been awarded to him during the last 10 years.
6. The Job Profile and Curriculum Vitae proforma can be downloaded from our website www.caomod.gov.in.
NOTE: CANDIDATES WHO ONCE APPLY FOR THE POST WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO WITHDRAW THEIR CANDIDATURE.
File No. A/49811/A-23/CAO/R-1
(ZS Koireng) Deputy Director/Rectt-1 & 3