ADVERTISEMENT NO. 2016/16
Applications are invited for a position of Junior Research Fellow to work on the following project in the Department of Biological Sciences at TIFR, Mumbai:
“ Genetic dissection of the neural circuits of decisions and actions ”.
QUALIFICATION : Applications are invited from students interested in gaining research experience while working in an interdisciplinary research oriented lab. The lab is looking at the neurobiology of decision-making using cutting-edge techniques in multiphoton microscopy and Drosophila genetics.
The candidate should have successfully completed a Masters Degree in Biology/ Physics/ Chemistry or related discipline or B.E./ M.E./ B.Tech./ M. Tech. Degree in Electronics/ Computer Sciences/ Optoelectronics/ Telecommunications or related discipline by September 2016. Professional experience if any, will be an added advantage.
AGE : Below 28 years.
Appointment as JRF is temporary. Initial appointment will be for a period of one year and may be renewed for a total of three years depending upon performance evaluations.
FELLOWSHIP : Rs 25,000/- + 30% HRA.
Please apply in the following format :
- Date of birth:
- Present affiliation and occupation:
- Address for correspondence & Mobile No.:
- Email id: (IMPORTANT: If selected for interview, further details will be sent to this email address)
- Educational qualification:
Degree Year University Subject Marks obtained Remarks
- Research experience in any:
- Additional qualification(s) or awards:
- Why you are interested in the job (maximum 250 words).
- Names and contact details of two or three referees (please provide email and telephone no):
Applications will be reviewed on monthly rolling basis till the position is available. Last date for receipt for the first round of applicationS IS 30/09/2016.
Please email application in the above format and with the subject line “Advertisement No. : 2016/16 ; Post : Junior Research Fellow” to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Official Web Link : http://www.tifr.res.in/Notices/shownotice.php?appid=career_notices&id=259